Luau in Oahu

gamblor33

we went to Germaines and loved it. I know several people that have lived on Oahu and recomended this one. The only thing about the PCC is it is an all day event so you have to decide if you want to waste a whole day or not. I'm sure you will enjoy either.

If you want a little culture without a whole days worth and have fun thenthe Paradise Cove Luau is the place to go. There are many activities before the actual luau and many you can participate in. You go to the cove earlier than Germaines and my teens had a blast taking the outrigger canoe out and spear throwing.etc.

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from our Hawaii vacation. We went to Paradise Cove one night and did Polynesian Cultural Center another day. Enjoyed both. I would recommend the Super VIP ambassador package at the Polynesian Cultural Center. It makes good use of your time and they really take care of you. Special front row reserved seating for everything. The night show, Horizons, is NOT to be missed.

I really enjoyed the PCC, and thought the show was the best. I haven't done Geramines yet, but would not recommend Paradise Cove. Our experience there (particularly with the food) was very unfavorable.

Just as an FYI if youre bringing the kids, PCC now has a summertime Ohana (family) Package that includes a luncheon luau for children...its a abbreviated Luau, gentler foods and special activities. If you are worried about the long day because of the kids, this is the perfect option.

For us, the deciding factor was timing. Neither Germain's or Paradise Cove could ensure that their shuttle would arrive back in time for us to taxi back to the ship. They do not have a drop off or pick up at the tower. So you have to take a taxi after the shuttle drops you off.

We decided to book the PCC thru the ship so that we could basically "have it all" and they have to wait for us if there is a traffic delay. I read too many posts about traffic and accidents that caused delays, even that late and it wasn't worth the risk to us. We are very much looking forward to PCC.

If you just want an evening event, the Royal Hawaiian, the food and entertainment were fabulous and you walk on the gorgeous Waikiki beaches.....ahhh...anyone want to adopt me and take me back????

Enjoy every minute there, we did!

Archived