Air thru Carnival

Litewait

Just a quick question. I've seen some posts about this. I am booking a cruise on Elation for next April out of Galveston. Can you request to fly in a day early if you book thru Carnival? Should I book thru them? CAn I get a better deal booking myself? It looks like the fare thru them is $429.00 round trip.

What have your experiences been. This is our first time to fly to a cruise, we have done all the west coast ports where we live.

Thanks for your help!

Happy Cruising,

Donna

The benefit of booking your air thru' Carnival is that they will provide alternative travel arrangements if the ship is late and you miss your flight. On the other hand I have always found airfare cheaper via other means. If you're staying an extra night or arriving a day early then does it really matter? For that matter if you purchase travel insurance you should also be covered.

We always arrive at least a day early, sometimes more depending on where we're leaving from and if we have the time, and fly home the day after our cruise so I never purchase my air through Carnival.

Buying air through carnival and going a day in early will cost you a diviation fee. I think its 100 pp. Look and see what the flights cost if you do it yourself compared to wwhat the cruise lines charge.

I know flyingfrom Phila to Florida-- carnival wanted 100% more for air- I was able to secure it for 123 round trip. Carnival wanted 350 for the same thing/.

We got airfare to Fl from VA for about 100 pp through spirit air. Try researching through online discount air and the cheapo airlines like Sprit, Independence and Southwest. You can't beat their prices. Even with purchasing travel insurance, you will come out way ahead.

I normally book with Carnival, its very easy and all is organized, yes its much costly but no hassles etc. You do fly in the day before depending on where you are starting from, From San Diego, They book us for a 6:30am flight to Miami, We arrive Miami at 6pm, Carnival Reps are there to pick us up and take us to the Hotel, there they give us instructions for the next morning which consist of where and what time to check your luggage in, Also you register there at the hotel. They transport you to the Cruise Terminal starting around 11:00am, when you arrive you claim your bags and pass them over to the Porters, you head through security and enter the Fun Pass line, since you already registered back at the hotel, then you pick up your Sail & Sign card and youre on the ship.

Im going to give the Book your own Flight next March a try, hopefully I will be successful at it and hopefully save some cash. It just takes lots of research and lots of planning, When Carnival does it, it have to deal with it, not you. Make sure they do not put you on a Red Eye flight, change it quickly. The hotels they have you stay are very nice and only 15 to 20 minutes away from there Terminal. Remember booking with Carnival, all transfers to and from the Terminal from the Hotel etc are included.

Is the hotel included? If you have to stay at the one they take you to? It seems easier booking thru them, if they set up everything and get you to & from the ship & hotel. I will be traveling w/ an 18, 17 & 12 yr. old. I definately want to go in a day early just to be sure...

Thanks again,

Donna

Archived