Is an 11:30 flight out of JAX too early?

crazycruzer68

I've flown out of Jax many times. There is an economy parking lot for 4$ a day, (price the last time we used it), with a shuttle that will pick you up at the shuttle stop in the parking lot. Shuttle runs all day and night and picks up about every 10 min. Drops you off at your airline departure. Also picks up there and drops off in parking lot upon return. It's free but we do tip the driver as he handles bags most of the time.

Airport is easy to get to and get around once you are in the terminal. We've never had problems there and enjoy flying out of Jax. We have taken the 11 am flight to Miami for a 4:00 or later sailing. Or better yet a 9:00 flight,which we perfer when it's offered to be sure of flight delays that could cut one close since you have to be on board at 2 for a 4:00 sailing. You never know about weather, so WE perfer a 9 AM flight when offered. American is the airline we use from Jax to Mia. because of all the choices in flight time.

This port is a new one for us and I need advice about the 11:30 flight, can we do it?

Eh, probably not. I seem to remember being in no hurry to get off and still being at my Dad's by 10am or so. He lives close to the airport. With self assist debark you can haul yourself to a cab pretty early and be on your way.

Archived