bringing snorkelling equpment

jmwg49

We are sailing on the Splendor 23/09/12. What is the snorkelling like in Cabo and PV? I have read about rough waters, not much to see, etc etc.

Is it worth it to bring our snorkelling equipment (I HATE using others equipment!!:eek:) We are doing a private tour in Cabo, going to a beach (Chileno??), and Las Caletas in PV. I don't want to pack it, carry the weight around if it isn't something we will use.

If those are the two excursion sites you are going to, then bring you're mask `n snorkel. Both locations are pretty protected waters and worth putting your face in the wet.

Do be aware that this ain't the Caribbean. It is what it is.

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

I am on the same cruise. I have been to cabo at least five times via ship and once for a week, three times all together in the month of September. Sometimes the weather cooperates and sometimes it does not. September in Cabo is a crap shoot. Having said that, I still take my own equipment cause I need a prescription mask.

Chileano is pretty much protected from waves but can be choppy in the fall. Lovers can be even more choppy. Usually better luck with the am snorkel trip than going after 1 pm. I am taking the 7:30 am zodiac trip this cruise from carnival and keeping my fingers crossed.

Because we get monsoon weather/ tropical storms in September here on the left coast, most likely scenario is if the waves are too much the ship wont even pull into the Cabo harbor since it is a tender port. Had that happen twice, once in September on carnival and once in January on princess.

And yes the prior poster is correct..... the caribbean has better snorkeling. But Cabo is a much easier trip here from CA. Spent 15 days in the caribbean in april. The 12 hours it took each way to get to Puerto rico (and that was just the flight) makes the 2 hour flight to Cabo sometimes more appealing.

Archived