Doors on the Fascination

abs711

Yes, this will sound silly. However, I am traveling in a few weeks with my 2 year old. My house is covered in kiddy locks on the doors because she likes to open and close them. Do you think the cruise ship doors are to heavy for a two year old or do I need to buy and bring somekind of child lock for the door. I am sure there is a nite latch that will help her from truely getting out. But I am scared she will open it and get her fingers caught.

Thanks!

Also, if anyone has traveled with a toddler and advice is greatly appreciated. I have searched and searched and there is very little on the topic.

I don't have kids, but I say secure the doors somehow. The doors are sturdy, but not so heavy as to not be maneuvreable by a child. However, the real danger comes from the door swinging. Unless closed or secured in an open position by a strong built-in magnet, doors can swing wildly from the ship rocking. If your two-year-old has her hand in the wrong spot when the ship hits a rough patch of water, causing the door to swing, well, you know what can happen; let's just say it'll hurt an adult's hand equally bad. So secure the doors for your daughter's safety and your peace of mind. Call the cruise line and find out how exactly it can be done, because ships can vary.

Archived