Chuka Beach Break at Falmouth?

I did this tour in January. I booked it on the pier, not on the ship, for $29. Now if you want the lunch package, it is $49 as I recall. However, if you wait until you get to the beach, you can buy the lunch for $15. At least I was able to do that in January. Maybe now you can't. The nice young lady at the information booth at the Falmouth pier leaned over & whispered this to me, so I took advantage of it.

On the other hand, if you are at all adventurous, there are a couple of restaurants on the beach to the left (as you look out at the water).

I had a good time at this beach, nothing overly exciting, just a relaxing day, which is what I wanted. For $29 and a short bus ride, it worked for me.

Have fun! :D

Can anyone tell me what was the food served on the Chukka Beach trip from Jamaica?

We did the beach break and lunch last year and the food was jerk chicken (not spicy), red beans and rice, may have had coleslaw (but since I don't like it so I don't remember), and a praline type dessert. The reserved beach area was small, but nice. The water was not as clear as I would have thought. The vendors did try to come through, but the lifeguards did their best to move them along. However, if you ventured on either side of the marked beach area, you were swarmed with vendors. As far as I know, there were no hotels near by, but on Google Maps I can see a hotel just down the beach. The trip was only about 10 minutes AFTER you tour the small town of Falmouth. We did come back a little early as there were shuttles sitting there and they said if anyone wanted to go back early they could. Our plan was to go back early and catch a shuttle to Rose Hall, but the shuttle stopped running around noon, which was stupid since we didn't have to leave port till 6pm. We got back around 1, so missed the shuttle by an hour.

I did this tour in January. I booked it on the pier, not on the ship, for $29. Now if you want the lunch package, it is $49 as I recall. However, if you wait until you get to the beach, you can buy the lunch for $15. At least I was able to do that in January. Maybe now you can't. The nice young lady at the information booth at the Falmouth pier leaned over & whispered this to me, so I took advantage of it.

On the other hand, if you are at all adventurous, there are a couple of restaurants on the beach to the left (as you look out at the water).

I had a good time at this beach, nothing overly exciting, just a relaxing day, which is what I wanted. For $29 and a short bus ride, it worked for me.

Have fun! :D

Hi BBT,

I like the pictures you posted of the ships you have sailed. Great idea. We will be at Falmouth, Jan 10, 2013. What was the weather like. Of course a year from your trip it could be anything the way the climate has been in 2012.

Hi BBT,

I like the pictures you posted of the ships you have sailed. Great idea. We will be at Falmouth, Jan 10, 2013. What was the weather like. Of course a year from your trip it could be anything the way the climate has been in 2012.

Hey, Marge.

The weather for me was great! Not a cloud in the sky. Hot but dry. I don't remember the temp that day. But I did use the water a lot. Not that clear but it was refreshing.

As for the ships, I got the idea from others on the boards. Took a while for me to set them up, though.

I believe that the Chukka trip takes place on White Bay (from what I remember and looking at Google Earth). There were a few larger hotel or condo complexes to the left looking down the beach and nothing that I could remember to the right. I believe that one of the hotels, a good walk down the beach, was Starfish Breezes Trelawny. The transportation provided by Chukka and the "security" keeping people away from you on the beach would make me feel safe sending my daughters alone on this trip if they were 18 and 21 as a previous poster had mentioned as long as they travel with the group as a whole on the bus provided in the excursion.

We did this excursion with lunch on the 7/7 sailing of Oasis. My DH did not want to be on a bus for an hour to get anywhere. It was confusing trying to find the meeting place for this excursion, but we finally found our meeting spot. Falmouth needs to get a better system for getting their excursions sorted out. You get a "tour" of Falmouth which consists of seeing every church in town, then off to the beach. We had the 9:30 bus and left to come back around 3. My DH and DD were very pleased with the beach. There is a cash bar and gift shop- drinks are extra. Plenty of lounge chairs and trees for shade. Umbrellas available also. Vendors walked by and showed their wares, but did not pester you. Water was clear and bottom was sandy. Float mats and noodles available for floating. For $10 you could get a seated chair massage on the beach. Lunch was VERY good- jerk chicken, hush puppies and cole slaw. Drinks were water or punch. I thought it was a great relaxing day and good value for the money.

Archived