School and plantation tour falmouth

elou

Can't get answers on port board. Anyone do the above tour or even "Good Hope on your own"? Is Good Hope guided tour. Really do not want to stay on the ship. Been to many great houses in Jamaica. Just looking for something that is easy and maybe "just a little different". Any suggestions?

I haven't been on it but I did read some about it.

I read that it's a good excursion and people had a great time especially visiting the school. To get your money's worth, you need to follow the excursion description because the school is closed for certain months.

Also, the school/students greatly appreciate it if you bring them a small school supply or something along the lines of it.

We took this tour in January. Nice tour of the plantation and concluded with a surprise wine & coffee tasting. The food tasting in the middle of the tour was more like a whole lunch and very good. We weren't expecting that much food. When we were loaded back into the buses to return to the ship, I asked when we were going to the school as that is why I took the excursion. The bus driver was surprised and the answer she was given is that something happened at the school and they sent the children home. I will take this tour again as Jamaica is my favorite cruise port. However Falmouth isn't. I loved walking around Ocho Rios with the locals but Falmouth is select vendors and shops.

We did a private tour with Peat Taylor in Ocho Rios. We visited a preschool. I took a bag with assorted school supplies-pencils, flash cards, notebooks, rhythm sticks. Honestly, it was the best excursion I've done in my 7 cruises.:D

I took a plantations tour. We saw three plantations--one was Rosehill, a home owned by Johnny Cash and one other plantation. Then they dropped us off at the Rosehill shopping area. We had a great time.

Archived