FLL Airport May Limit Cruise Passengers

sherman931

If I have a cruise out of Miami, I still fly into FLL because the tickets are cheaper and more of the low fare airlines go there. Probably the reason the tickets are less is because the airport fees to the airlines are cheaper and they pass that on to us. Add a new runway or longer runways and guess what? That cost will be passed on to us through the airlines. If FLL airline tickets are comparable to Miami's, I'm going to save the added trans cost to Miami and go there instead if the ship leaves from Miami. Watch what you wish for because you may price yourself out of an airport.

John L.

Perhaps FL east coast airports need to be designated three ways; (1) for domestic arrivals and departures, (2) transborder arrivals and departures (Caribbean, Canada and Mexico), and (3) Int'l arrivals and departures (overseas...Europe, S America, Africa,UK etc etc).

Ciao for now!!!

I would think our Senators and Reps could nip this in the bud. If they just want foreign conventioneer's than we could possibly stop any federal funding to that airport, they hold federal funding for all sorts of reasons.

Archived