Cruise from Boston? ? ?

krayziecr

My aunt was at some sort of Carnival seminar the other day that was held by AAA and they mentioned something about Carnival having a brand new ship sailing out of Boston to the Caribbean in the very near future. Has anyone heard anything about this? What new ship could it possibly be??? Thanks

Chris

I'm assuming that would have to be a longer cruise, and the ship would only sail out of the Boston Port during the warm months...it might me nice, it just seems unlikely.

BUT if it is true, I'd love it. Eliminating flying to port is a nice way to start a cruise...not sailing out of NY is even nicer!! :D

I'm a Rhode Islander and would never sail out of Boston or NY! I'd rather spend the extra $200 for airfare and start my vacation on smoother seas and warm water. I know too many people who took a Bermuda cruise out of Boston or NY for their first cruise and had to take a lot of convincing to get back onto a ship after their "Atlantic" experiences...

I've sailed out of Boston, NY and Baltimore. Never any problems with the seas. Also depends what time of year you go and if there are any storms at sea. I think it's great to sail from up north. Also, the Bermuda cruise out of Boston is a small ship with no stablizers. Not a good ship to base it on in my opinion.

I've sailed out of Boston and had rough seas once. During the summer months the seas are pretty good. Besides, the NCL Majesty, as psoted above, does not have stabilizers so the trip can be rough. Sailing out of Boston to the Caribbean wouldn't be bad. Once you pass Cape Hateras, where the gulf stream meets the Atlantic, the seas should remain calm.

My aunt was at some sort of Carnival seminar the other day that was held by AAA and they mentioned something about Carnival having a brand new ship sailing out of Boston to the Caribbean in the very near future. Has anyone heard anything about this? What new ship could it possibly be??? Thanks

Chris

Wow Chris..this WOULD be great ! Now I wonder if this has anything to do with a letter I wrote Carnival after our last cruise in 2003..(I doubt it but I can take credit cant I?) I told them what a great time we had and how wonderful everyone was etc..AND I mentioned it would be nice if Carnival would consider sailing out of Boston !!!!!! ( never hurts to ask)..I knew the letter back from them meant someone actually read my letter because it was mentioned that they would pass my "suggestion" about sailing out of Boston to headquarters... I'm going to try and get some info on this..and I bet this would be one cruise you'd have to book early

• 2 weeks later...

Archived