Free Laundry ???

Iceberg 3

My understanding is that when they run the bag of wash and fold laundry special for $25 then Platinum latitudes gets it for free. And I'm pretty sure we had a card in our room explaining this on our last cruise.

That said, I've seen at least one person here post that they've just done the bag whenever they wanted and got their Platinum perk even though the special wasn't being offered that day. Also, they were pretty lenient when I missed the deadline for having my laundry ready for them to pick up.

On our last 2 cruises, we received the new "packets" that have all the platinum perks in "voucher" form, including laundry. It had specific dates listed for the special.

In general we've gotten it back 2 days later, clean and folded or hung up.

Looking forward to using this svc on our next cruise (12 nts).:)

Is the platinum "free laundry service" only on the "bag of laundry" special days or is it as needed throughout the cruise? Thanks

It was clearly stated that we would receive this when the bag was offered only.

That said, I had to track down two bags from our cabin steward. Thought it would only be offered once during our weekly cruise so I stuffed both bags. Sure enough, it was offered again. This time the bags were put in our cabin. Only had enough dirty clothes for one bag the second time around.

What was funny is I had to inquire when my clothes would be delivered (first time sending out). The second time, I was on the Behind the Scenes tour and spotted my basket. This was the morning after they were sent out. I knew they were ready and no reason they should be delivered the following evening (last night of cruise).

I mentioned that my clothes were ready. Sure enough they appeared that night in our cabin.

Said it is the responsibility of the cabin attendant's supervisor to have everything delivered.

Is the platinum "free laundry service" only on the "bag of laundry" special days or is it as needed throughout the cruise? Thanks

This may vary by ship. In the past, I've always received a card saying the free laundry is when the special is offered. I just got off the Gem yesterday, though, and the card said the free laundry is whatever day I wanted it. Since we'd spent four days in NYC pre-cruise, we grabbed it early on. The card didn't make it clear whether it was a one-time thing or you could order it again if needed. It's possible they don't keep a record of the free service, though. Once was enough for me, but if you want to try for a second time, ask your room steward. They're usually pretty good about trying to accommodate.

Archived