Has anyone complained to CCL after bad cruise?

yecats

We suffered an injury last week after cruising on the Conquest (which I must say that I was somewhat disappointed in the boat itself as it was very dark and not really cheery but that's my HO). Anyway we had to leave the ship midway in the vacation (have trip insurance) but I was very disappointed in the way the CCL purser's crew handled me in the process. I asked for help in making arrangements back home and had various questions about what to do once on shore and having to go through customs with injured person and was basically blown off. As I was waiting for a crew member to help me off the ship to go to shore (others were at the hospital with sick family member and I was sent back to pack up 9 bags and only had an hour to do so) I had to continue waiting for the purser who wouldn't explain why I was waiting but was told to sit in a chair. Come to find out another couple had to leave as well (daughter was hospitalized back in the states) and I was leaving the boat with them. In the meantime the purser who basically blew me off was helping the other couple make plane arrangements. Excuse me, but I asked for the same help not an hour earlier and got blown off. Well needless to say that didn't like what I had to say after that. I am very disappointed with the service that I got when I most needed the help.

From reading many replies from folks who made complaints to Carnival (valid or not), some were given what seems to be the cursory 10% off a future cruise. It that's worth it to you, write your letter. (Sorry you had to cut the cruise short - hope the family member is better.)

We suffered an injury last week after cruising on the Conquest (which I must say that I was somewhat disappointed in the boat itself as it was very dark and not really cheery but that's my HO). Anyway we had to leave the ship midway in the vacation (have trip insurance) but I was very disappointed in the way the CCL purser's crew handled me in the process. I asked for help in making arrangements back home and had various questions about what to do once on shore and having to go through customs with injured person and was basically blown off. In the meantime the purser who basically blew me off was helping the other couple make plane arrangements. Excuse me, but I asked for the same help not an hour earlier and got blown off. Well needless to say that didn't like what I had to say after that. I am very disappointed with the service that I got when I most needed the help.

The other couple may have booked their flights through Carnival and would then asked Carnival to make the arrangements back to their home. I'm sorry you were disappointed with your cruise but it goes to show that having travel insurance is a good idea in case of emergency.

Ms B

I had what I considered to be a bad cruise 3 cruises ago, and I did write to Carnival.... it was a LOT of little things that added up... by no means was I thinking of getting "anything" out of them I just wanted them to be aware of the situations that came up......

They gave my husband and I $100 on our next trip's sail and sign card, and then 20% off both of us for the our next cruise, OH and they said a "Bon Voyage Gift" which ended up being a bottle of wine we didn't drink in our room that next cruise.

Sorry your trip was cut short but hope your family member is doing better. From the stories I have read on here I think the Pursers desk leaves something to be desired. Rarely have I read of people saying how helpful they are. I think the other poster is probably correct in that the other couple probably had their air through Carnival so maybe that is why they were helping. It should not be that way but apparently customer service is not their strong suit. I love Carnival but they do have areas of weakness.

On our last Paradise cruise my Mother became ill (with kidney stones) and had to leave from Belize - we did not have the travel insurance - we took advantage of the Vacation Guarantee and I found that everyone bent over backwards to help us. My mother had seen the ships doctor the first night we were on board and had a follow visit first thing the next morning and it was decided she had to go back home. Carnival refunded the remaining portion of her cruise fare right then and there. They helped with the plane arrangements to get her back to Miami even though we booked our own air they still helped us - they helped us by letting us use the ship to shore phone and not charging us. They also let me make several calls to arrange to have someone pick my Mother up at the airport once she reached home. They also let me make a follow up call a day later to make sure she was ok.

Sometimes I find your end result is all in the way you first approach the problem. Then again sometimes the people you have to work with are idiots.

I am very sorry that your experience getting off the ship was not a good one. It is sad that they did not treat you equally.

Archived