Mariner of the Seas -- April 21, 2013 TA Galveston to Barcelona

smoosh21

Well Hello all! This will be my first cruise with Royal Carribean although I've done cruises with other companies before. I am traveling solo so looking forward to making new friends. I live in Houston. Put me at the gay table please. :) Reservation #9647603.

Welcome Rainbowguy: Nice to have you join us on the cruise, Jerry my friend and I are both from Houston. It will be nice to meet someone from Houston.:)

Roberto

Thanks for the welcome Roberto. :D Looking forward to meeting both of you onboard.

-Hassan (Rainbowguy)

Well Hello all! This will be my first cruise with Royal Carribean although I've done cruises with other companies before. I am traveling solo so looking forward to making new friends. I live in Houston. Put me at the gay table please. :) Reservation #9647603.

Welcome to this sailing, and welcome to Cruise Critic

Hassan (Rainbowguy) what part of Houston do you live in, I (Roberto) live in Clear Lake and Jerry lives in Northwest Houston. Oh by the way both our partners are not traveling with up. Look forward to meeting you on the ship.

Roberto

I live practically in Katy (the border of Houston and Katy) in a suburb close to Greenhouse Exit on I-10 (Houston, Tx 77084). My partner can't make it to the cruise either as he is a Teacher and can't get away at this time.

It will be nice meeting other Houstonians as well as other lgbt on this trip.

-Hassan (Rainbowguy)

-Hassan (Rainbowguy): I am in the same boat (in more ways then one) my partner works for a Gas & Oil company and can't get off, to make the cruise with my, so I always travel with a friend like Jerry. It can be fun some times :)Look forward to meeting you.

Roberto

Hola Boys and Girls

If anyone is interested in Linking up for 2nd Dining...let me know. Would be great if we can get a big o gay table:eek:

I'll need reservations numbers...

yes link me too 9908067 traveling solo

Lonn

I just read the following on http://www.cruisecritic.com -

[The second group of cruise lines consists of Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises. These two large cruises lines have decided not to list FOD meetings in their daily programs and, instead, list FOD/GLBT meetings on the community "bulletin board" near Guest Relations. This meeting is one among several other interest group get-togethers such as "Friends of Bill W." or singles meet-ups. "[Celebrity] does not list any private functions in the daily program," cruise line spokeswoman Lisa Harrison of Emanate Public Relations told us. "Most of our ships have a set time and place marked on their board for the Friends of Dorothy Meeting." When I was onboard Celebrity Silhouette, I noticed that the official FOD meeting was listed on the bulletin board every night at a certain time at the popular Martini Bar, which had quickly become an informal hub for the cocktail-loving gay and lesbian passenger set. Listing the meetings on the visible bulletin boards represents an evolution in the FOD policy and is a way to handle increasing requests by diverse interest groups who all want to meet each other onboard large ships. And since these specific cruise lines have a consistent policy for all affinity groups who want to hold meetups, it does not seem to indicate that the line is marginalizing or discounting its valued gay and lesbian passengers. ]

So since its the policy of Royal Carribean not to put the FOD announcements on the brochure, maybe we should designate a spot to meet every evening on the ship at a specified time for us lgbt travelers. The Martini bar sounds good to me. Or elsewhere. Your thoughts?

-Rainbowguy (Hassan)

I just read the following on www.cruisecritic.com -

[The second group of cruise lines consists of Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises. These two large cruises lines have decided not to list FOD meetings in their daily programs and, instead, list FOD/GLBT meetings on the community "bulletin board" near Guest Relations. This meeting is one among several other interest group get-togethers such as "Friends of Bill W." or singles meet-ups. "[Celebrity] does not list any private functions in the daily program," cruise line spokeswoman Lisa Harrison of Emanate Public Relations told us. "Most of our ships have a set time and place marked on their board for the Friends of Dorothy Meeting." When I was onboard Celebrity Silhouette, I noticed that the official FOD meeting was listed on the bulletin board every night at a certain time at the popular Martini Bar, which had quickly become an informal hub for the cocktail-loving gay and lesbian passenger set. Listing the meetings on the visible bulletin boards represents an evolution in the FOD policy and is a way to handle increasing requests by diverse interest groups who all want to meet each other onboard large ships. And since these specific cruise lines have a consistent policy for all affinity groups who want to hold meetups, it does not seem to indicate that the line is marginalizing or discounting its valued gay and lesbian passengers. ]

So since its the policy of Royal Carribean not to put the FOD announcements on the brochure, maybe we should designate a spot to meet every evening on the ship at a specified time for us lgbt travelers. The Martini bar sounds good to me. Or elsewhere. Your thoughts?

-Rainbowguy (Hassan)

The note will be posted on the activity board right near guest relations. Of course, there is nothing to stop people from meeting up at other times too.

Archived