Grand P. Cabin E 723 Did I make a mistake?

sonnenschein

We are on the Grand from San Francisco to Hawaii on April 10. I changed our cabin from Dolphin deck AB category (Mini suite) to Emerald deck Mini which are covered and hopefully keep some of the suns heat out of the cabin and let us enjoy the balcony more without getting sunburned. We done this cruise 5 times before, always in a mini suite on D deck (uncovered balconies). We like our Bathroom to be on the LEFT side when entering the cabin, this way the bed headboard is on the left cabin wall, which lets me sleep on the side where the vanity is located while my DH is on the side closer to the bathroom. We are married for a long time and it is kind of difficult for us to reverse our sleeping positions. So does anybody know if the bed is located on the left when entering cabin E 723 or did I miscalculate the cabins position. Sure would like to know before we leave since I might have still time to change the cabin location. WE been in D603 on our last cruise but I wanted to try something different. So did I make the right choice??? Gloria:)

We have not been in this exact cabin however we were recently in E719 on the Ruby and the bed/bathroom was on the left as you walk in. On previous cruises I have noticed as we are walking down the halls when room stewards are cleaning rooms that the bed/bathroom configuration is opposite to the next cabin beside it so in E721 the bed/bathroom would be on the right as you walk in and therefore E723 will have the bed/bathroom on the left however I am not 100% certain on this as we have not been on the Grand. Also, on the Caribbean Princess, we had E729 and the bed/bath was on the left and my mother/sister had E731 and the bed/bath was on the right. Hope this helps!

Gloria, We were in E723 on the Grand this past January. I just asked my wife and we both believe that the bathroom and thus the headboard was on the right as you enter the cabin. However, we must admit that we are not 100% sure of this. We did love the covered balcony. On our previous seven cruises we had taken cabins on Dolphin deck. I must say that we did use the balcony more when on Emerald deck. Not because of the shade from the sun but because there was less wind when the ship was at full speed. Have a great cruise.

I went on another website and located photos of E729 on the Grand and the bed is to the right as you enter the cabin. E723 would be the opposite side. Here's the photo of E729 which was uploaded by someone I know. I've cropped out part of it.

Grand%2520stateroomE729.jpg

I went on another website and located photos of E729 on the Grand and the bed is to the right as you enter the cabin. E723 would be the opposite side. Here's the photo of E729 which was uploaded by someone I know. I've cropped out part of it.

Grand%2520stateroomE729.jpg

Pam, you always come through with a helpful answer,now I have peace of mind and don't have to "fight" with DH about sleeping next to the vanity. Thanks again, Gloria:)

Archived