family cruising

Hi new to this! Question going on vovager on may 29 05 bringing my 2 1/2 yo

any recommendations, do I need to bring a stroller for him any activities for him to do my other kids make the age groups but not him. What about the pool, even with a swim diaper they can't go in pool? thanks for the help:)

any recommendations, do I need to bring a stroller for him any activities for him to do my other kids make the age groups but not him. What about the pool, even with a swim diaper they can't go in pool? thanks for the help:)

We cruised in February with my brothers family and they have young children ages 3 and 1. They took an umbrella stoller that way they could push the kids around the ship and when they were in port. As far as the pool it is a NO they don't allow the younger kids in even with a swim diaper on - at least on our ship!

Even the 'kiddy' pools do not allow children who are not potty trained. No swim diapers allowed in any pool on any line, as far as I know.

He will still have a blast, I'm sure. I think there are times when the little tykes can go in the bigger kids' play area, as long a their parents are with them.

LOL @ the swim diapers issue.

Hi cocobay, welcome to our lovely little dysfunctional family. There are some topics which get more controversy than others. You picked the grand-daddy of them all ….

The swim diaper issue

Some of us get pretty irate over this issue. There is a “search” feature on this website. Please search for swim diaper, and see what you can come up with. It’s a great read ... if you like that Jerry Springer kind of thing. :D

All jokes aside, these are the most cruising-knowledgeable people I know of. They’re a great resource and can answer just about any question you can come up with.

Have you cruised before? Or is this your first Royal Caribbean cruise, or are you new to the internet/cruising/message board environment all together? At any rate, please feel free to jump in and post, post post!

Please not this answer comes from a guy without kids:) .

You ask for a stroller, I can´t answer the question as I don´t know if you need one for your kid, but if the questions is if there can be one provided by the cruiseline the answer would be NO to my knowledge. I don´t think RCCL rents strollers.

For the pool question I have to second what was already said. Not potty trained kids are not allowed in any of the pools, including the kid´s pool. Swim Diapers are not allowed in the pool too.

Not sure about the activities for him but I would think choices are very limited and it will be mostly your part to entertain him/her.

Enjoy your cruise.

We're on that sailing as well. Luckily, DGS is 8 and will be able to participate in the childrens' program. I'm not sure if Voyager offers the Aquatot program, but if they do, it seems to be like a "mommy & me" playgroup that meets for about 45 minutes for stories and playtime with new Fisher Price toys, but you might want to check.

Other than that, except if you get in-cabin babysitting, he's pretty much yours to amuse for the trip. Again, nix on any of the pools. If you do bring a stroller, make it one of the umbrella type as it is very difficult to get down the hallways and into the elevators with the big ones.

Absolutely bring a stroller, and make sure it has some kind of covering to ensure the child can be shielded from the sun. It is very hot and sunny and if you plan on getting off the ship at ports with the child you will need this along with plenty of water.

I personally will not take our youngest grandchild on a cruise not because we don't want to, but because I think it is an inconvenience on him. He cannot go in any pool, he cannot attend any play functions, unless you have a suite, there is no bathtub to cool him down, and the sun is too strong for his skin.

We have chosen to wait until he is at least 3 and trained before we cruise with him.

Many people do take the younger ones and they don't have many issues with that, hopefully they can give you some advise.

cocobay, we just got back w/ our 2 1/2 yr old... 13, & 11.... if you would like i could email you w/ some info..... (things get pretty wild on the boards) just let me know.... my email is thetwy@charter.net...... good luck have a great time..... twyla

Archived