What is the best tour to take in Montevideo

crowpro

Does anyone have a soggestion for a tour in Montevideo, Uruguay?

When we were there we did a city tour that anded with a wine tour. After some general siteseeing and a few brief stops at some sites we then went out from the city to a lovely winery. We had a tour and then a wonderful tasting with a fabulous lunch followed by dancers. It was a full day and most enjoyable.

Does anyone have a soggestion for a tour in Montevideo, Uruguay?

Hi

We just walked around the city(right there at the docks) around various streets and sights and did our own thing and it was great. Much easier to do.

Were going to get a local bus out to the old wall and coast(15 minutes away) but ran out of time.

Enjoy the old houses, some absolutely ownderful buildings, the barbeques in the market across from the docks.

...and watch your wallet. When we were there the barbecue/craft area across from the docks was a pickpocket area. Several people from the ship had their money taken.

We were warned Montevideo was not very safe although several people did do taxi tours.

We found Montevideo one of our least favorite ports. Except for the Legislative Palace there was little to see. Looking at my pictures of the trip, I took only 10 pictures while in port.

When we stopped in Montevideo we just strolled the streets of the town sometimes looking into shops. We went into a large building with a number of food outlets to try some local cuisine. As I remember this was close to the ship

Also it was Ash Wednesday when we were there and we went into the cathedral. Mass started and we stayed. The Bishop was presiding and and by chance we happened to get in the line where he was doing the ashes.

Looking at my pictures I also noticed that we did not take very many in this city. I do recall that we enjoyed our visit, however.

When we were there we did a city tour that anded with a wine tour. After some general siteseeing and a few brief stops at some sites we then went out from the city to a lovely winery. We had a tour and then a wonderful tasting with a fabulous lunch followed by dancers. It was a full day and most enjoyable.

This is the type of excursion we are looking for. Please let us know the contact info.

Cheers

Judy & Bruce

If you have a full day in port, consider a trip to Colonia del Sacramento, a Unesco World Heritage site, about 100 miles from Montivideo.

In 2009, my wife and I joined a group of six who had hired a van in advance of our arrival. It was a very nice experience. If I recall correctly, with a generous tip for our driver, it cost about $80-85 per couple. Taxis, etc. are quite inexpensive in Uruguay.

Archived