Tea making facilities

Is there any facility for making tea within the cabins, if not where can my Sister in law get a cup every hour of the day, does she have to pay for it, is it made with boiling water, she is addicted and withdrawal symptoms are not a pretty sight.

Up on the pool deck, outside the Windjammer, are coffee, tea, water, stations. I believe they are open early am to late. They have many varieties of tea to offer, and the hot water come out of the machine (actually hot). There is no charge for these.

You can get room service and you can get tea at your meals in the dining room.

Not to worry withdrawals should not happen....

If you are talking about regular rooms, not suites, then no there are no facilities for making tea in the rooms. There is however the buffet area where tea is available and also in the cafe that has cookie, pizza, pastires, coffee and such. Hot water is held in a big urn just like the coffee. Hope this helps. You can also get it through room service.:rolleyes:

On the Voyager class ships, you can get tea at the cafe on the Promenade. The water is not quite boiling, although it is still hot enough to make a decent cup of tea. You can also get it in the Windjammer, in the dining room, and through room service. The tea is free. If she likes a particular type of tea, she might want to bring that herself, even though they do provide a variety of tea bags. There are no facilities within the regular staterooms themselves to make tea.

Sounds a little odd, but as a migraine sufferer I like/need my regular doses of caffeine and have gotten in the habit of traveling with my own tea bags. Not sure what ship you're on, but we just got off the Mariner. It was no problem getting cups of hot water for tea. As mentioned, if you have a suite, the concierge lounge is very convenient with hot water available 24 hours, as well as the Cafe Promenade (with takeout cups and lids). The Windjammer was closed a couple of times a day, so you may not always be able to get in there when you want. The problem I had with room service is that they put the hot water in the same carafes as they use for coffee, so the water tended to have an unpleasant taste/smell - I guess that just depends on her own sensitivity.

I have a coil emersion heater thingee (I don't know what it's called!) that you emerse the coil into a cup of water and plug it in to heat up the water. It works very well and is inexpensive (I think I paid a couple of bucks for it).

Tell your SIL to bring her own tea bags (if she has a favorite), borrow a cup from the Windjammer to keep in the cabin and she's good to go anytime she needs a tea fix. :cool:

Archived