Which direction?

Pancake16

Have done A LOT of research and have determined we will rent a car at St. Martin and hit some scenic spots on our way to French Cul-de-sac (Pinal Island).

Several posts on here and other forums/travel information sites suggest going around the island in a counter-clockwise route. Is there a specific reason for this? It appears that most of what we would want see is along the path clockwise to the cul-de-sac area.

We aren't interested in seeing planes in the afternoon or seeing Orient. Could these two stops be the reason?

Just want to make sure that there isn't something about traffic, etc. that makes it more reasonable to follow the opposite route.:o

The biggest consideration with driving on the island is the massive traffic problem between Maho Beach and downtown Philipsburg in the afternoon. That's what airport landing fans face after the big ones come in.

Driving Clockwise would get you outside that timeframe and put you at Pinel before your very easy drive back to the Cruise Facility in the afternoon.

Traffic can be a bit of a problem in Marigot mid-day, but nothing like Maho.

What are your 'scenic spots'?

gary

gtaylor

Thank you for your insight. I actually haven't got a final list but did look at a recent post you had about great picture stops. That, along with a list on a St. Martin site, gave me some ideas... Fort St. Louis, Marigot, Cole Hill Bay has a hill or road looking over the bay...don't have my list in front of me.

Any recommendations you would like to make would be appreciated!

Archived