Anyone recently get marrid on Carnival or specifically the Valor?

patsfan05

I am getting married on the Valor next month and I see a lot of reviews from 2-3-4 years ago, I am hoping to hear from people who have gotten married within the past year specifically on the valor but if you got married by Carnival I am curious what your opinion was?

Our wedding will be small, 8 of us total. I have been trying to talk my brother into coming on a cruise and he will be a guest at this wedding, so I am hoping to get the chance to show him around. Did you have time to explore before or after the wedding? I look forward to hearing back from anyone who can provide some input.

Regards.

I was not married or attending a wedfing but on my June cruise on Valor there were two wedding parties. They were allowed to board before other passengers and the guests were wearing guest badges. I did see attendees of the wedding parties at the Lido and Bars. So I guess the time available for exploring the ship depends on how long the ceremony and reception is. I think it was around 3:00 or so when the captain began making announcements for guests to leave the ship.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and Bon Voyage.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

My SIL got married on a Carnival ship (not the Valor). Guests that were not cruising got to board with us before regular passengers. The wedding guests were all allowed to walk around the ship and even grab a bite to eat at the buffet before the wedding. After the ceremony, we were then taken to a lounge for a nice reception with music, drinks and some food (purchased as part of her wedding package). After the reception, non-cruising guest had to disembark immediately so that regular embarkation could begin.

Enjoy and Congratulations!

I hope you have a great cruise! We are getting on when you are getting off.

Also, congratulations on the upcoming wedding.

We will keep everything tidy for you. Our last cruise we had a wrap around balcony on the back of the ship which was the best thing ever and now this time we have a regular balcony on the Lido deck. Kinde of excited about that with three days at sea. Thanks for the note.

We just got married on the Valor April 28th of this year. When then booked a photographer in St. Johns to take our pics. I would recommend her to anybody. Don't know if I can on here though. The best advice I can give get a ice cold beer when you board and enjoy the beautiful journey you are about to take with the one you love. Also happy wife happy life.

We just got married on the Valor April 28th of this year. When then booked a photographer in St. Johns to take our pics. I would recommend her to anybody. Don't know if I can on here though. The best advice I can give get a ice cold beer when you board and enjoy the beautiful journey you are about to take with the one you love. Also happy wife happy life.

SWilden, that is awesome. We have gone back and forth about the video you can pay for by Carnival and my wife keeps yelling at me about the expense. She is the best wife ever and really just wants low key and inexpensive. Since we cruise 2 times a year this was our best idea. The only downfall is our four kids wont be there, hers are in thier twenties and mine are teenagers and I had no desire to fly four people to Miami just for a 20 minute wedding. Anyway, I will have my brother in law (going on the cruise with us) hold my phone up and facetime the kids back home so they will see it while his wife video tapes it. Hopefully that isnt asking too much, they dont seem to mind. I am sure she will argue later about the pictures they take and only want to buy a few of them so I will get away cheap on that. I offerred to pay to have her hair and makeup done in port that morning but she doesnt want it. Again, she is the best ever.

SWilden, that is awesome. We have gone back and forth about the video you can pay for by Carnival and my wife keeps yelling at me about the expense. She is the best wife ever and really just wants low key and inexpensive. Since we cruise 2 times a year this was our best idea. The only downfall is our four kids wont be there, hers are in thier twenties and mine are teenagers and I had no desire to fly four people to Miami just for a 20 minute wedding. Anyway, I will have my brother in law (going on the cruise with us) hold my phone up and facetime the kids back home so they will see it while his wife video tapes it. Hopefully that isnt asking too much, they dont seem to mind. I am sure she will argue later about the pictures they take and only want to buy a few of them so I will get away cheap on that. I offerred to pay to have her hair and makeup done in port that morning but she doesnt want it. Again, she is the best ever.

That's exactly what we did small it was only her and I. We had a reception when we got home. I advise do not get the carnival video. We had people from our roll call that was more then willing to take pics and video for us during the wedding. We even had a nice gentleman in our roll call that made a whole video with music and all while we were still on the ship. He gave it to us before we left. My wife didn't even wear her wedding dress during the wedding only wore it when we took pics on the beach.

That's exactly what we did small it was only her and I. We had a reception when we got home. I advise do not get the carnival video. We had people from our roll call that was more then willing to take pics and video for us during the wedding. We even had a nice gentleman in our roll call that made a whole video with music and all while we were still on the ship. He gave it to us before we left. My wife didn't even wear her wedding dress during the wedding only wore it when we took pics on the beach.

Wow that is fantastic that you found someone to do your video like that. We will be happy to just take a bunch of video and somehow edit it after the cruise. I appreciate all of your feedback, this has been awesome.

Wow that is fantastic that you found someone to do your video like that. We will be happy to just take a bunch of video and somehow edit it after the cruise. I appreciate all of your feedback, this has been awesome.

Any other questions feel free to ask.

Congratulations on the wedding! We are on the same sailing as you are. I have nothing to add about the weddings onboard, but wanted to say Congrats!

Hey Reeree, it appears you like the valor ha? This will be our first time on it. Are you on the roll call for the group on the 15th? Perhaps we will meet you on board, we are very much looking forward to this cruise for multiple reasons. We arent youngens, in our mid forties and neither of us is it our first marriage. But we do love cruising.

Archived