Art auctioneer on the Dream

silkie70

Hello!!!

I was wondering if anyone knows or would be willing to find out who the Art auctioneer(s) are on the Dream. My father will be going in December and in the past enjoyed dealing with an auctioneer named Ian.

Thanks!!

We have purchased many items from Park West using the auction...at that time framing was not a bargain but hey we did it so do it right, but we learned that Park West is a fraud, scam artist!

http://www.fineartadvocacy.com/articles/park-west-gallery-ceases-land-auctions.php

http://www.dba-oracle.com/t_cruise_art_auctions_scam_fraud.htm

http://www.fineartregistry.com/articles/far_investigates/parkwest-auction-victim.php

And the list goes on and on

RCCL / RCI got rid of Park West. Just Google their name and you'll see that this is not where you spend your money! Who cares who the auctioneer is unless you have money to throw away, and you WILL be throwing it away!

I never really seen people there to just drink...in fact, I not see many take more than just one or two glasses but then again I not really observing the passengers I was there because we had interest in art and like to have few more pieces added to our home, at that time we puchased a larger home and needed things for our walls we were there to decorate our house not for the champagne but you got a point I never thought of it that way never noticed lol hahahaha cheap champagne i could see people going just to get something free so true.:D

In May, on Carnival Spirit, my wife and I attended a Park West auction. We bought 5 very large Thomas Kinkade numbered lithographs. The total cost, including very nice matting and wood framing, and shipping and handling fees came to ~$500 each. On eBay, I have found similar pricing for the same level lithographs.

While I am not a real fan of, nor support Park West's business practices, I don't feel we got ripped off. Does anyone feel otherwise?

Bob

In May, on Carnival Spirit, my wife and I attended a Park West auction. We bought 5 very large Thomas Kinkade numbered lithographs. The total cost, including very nice matting and wood framing, and shipping and handling fees came to ~$500 each. On eBay, I have found similar pricing for the same level lithographs.

While I am not a real fan of, nor support Park West's business practices, I don't feel we got ripped off. Does anyone feel otherwise?

Bob

The question you need to ask, Bob, is: Were they the real deal? Also, I do not consider eBay to be an authority on the valuation of art or anything else.

The question you need to ask, Bob, is: Were they the real deal? Also, I do not consider eBay to be an authority on the valuation of art or anything else.

I don't consider eBay an authority, but surely a "guideline" since there are several sellers competing. I do have Park West Certificates of Authenticity, but again they could be invalid, however, the framing alone is almost worth the price due to the size of the pictures. I know this since I have had many, many pictures matted and framed by retailers, such as Micheal's, and the cost is in the hundreds even for small to mid size art work.

It would be a shame if our Kinkade's aren't the real deal...but we love the pictures, the framing, etc. and I don't really care if they are or they are not...after all we did not spend a fortune.

Incidentally, all of the websites posted on this thread are old news...any recent news on Park West business practices?

Bob

Archived