Cabin above Manhattan Bar on Azura = noisy?

patsyc

Hi All,

We 've just been assigned our cabin number for our cruise in September. Have found out that we are directly above the Manhattan Bar on deck E. I'm now a bit worried because on our last cruise in May we had to change cabins 3 times because we were located very close to nightclubs and bars. Yes, with each cabin change we were only located to another trouble spot!

I know the Manhattan Bar is open until "late" and it stages tribute acts and I read somewhere it is also the nightclub. Can Anyone tell me how late the music goes on for and if it is really loud?

Have actually just tried to change cabins but was told by cruise agent that we can't since we booked on guarantee basis. So just want to get some reassurance or be mentally prepared for some cabin changing again...

Thank you. :(

We were in cabin No 729 friends were in 731,we were never in the cabin until very late in the evening consiquently never heard any noise.

the best tip i can give you is have a drink or two--three--- four very night and you will sleep very well,the up and down motion also helps quite a lot.

Have a good cruise

AlisonH's summation is pretty much correct. It's more of a problem on the Port side. If you do a bit of digging there is reference to this issue on other threads certainly for Ventura. For Ventura the main issue relates to E728 and E730 as the speakers in Havana are I believe directly below the bathrooms of those cabins. Have been in E726 on Ventura for a two week cruise and had no major issue although there were a couple of nights with some noise, but nothing major. Certainly not at a level that led us to want to move cabins or had a negative effect on our enjoyment of the cruise. I'd be tempted to throw some ear plugs into the case

Our cabin number is E735 the aft balcony cabin on starboard side. :p

Thanks all for your responses. I do feel much reassured now! And yes, earplugs will definitely be packed just in case! :D

• 1 month later...

Just returned from our cruise. Thought I would report on this cabin. It was a great cabin!! Quiet at all times, even during late night disco hours, and the balcony was so big! And no beams! There is absolutely no obstructions on the E735 balcony. Thanks all for your reassurance and I'm so glad you were all correct! :D

Archived