Reserving Dining Online

LoraJ

I have a nice $500 OBC which I was looking forward to using towards our meals. We just hit the 45 day mark and I tried to reserve but they want ,my credit card. At Disney World you give a card number to hold the reservation but they do not charge you until that night. Is this what giving the card does or do they charge me right away? So if I want this on my OB account then I cannot reserve until I get on board?

Speaking of OBC, my husband and I will be using different credit cards for our accounts, can the OBC be split between us?

Usually it cannot be split. You can use both cards though, just do it a check in.

If you want to book on line for dining, then you must pay in full when you reserve. If you want it to be against your OBC, you must wait and do it on the ship. We have never found that we couldn't get in by waiting until we board. They only allow a certain percentage to book on line and keep the rest for those booking when on the ship.

Unless you want to reserve Teppanyaki (which books up really fast), I'd wait until you're on the ship. We've never had a problem getting into any of the restaurants either.

The OBC is for the cabin. In my experience thay can't split it. If you use different credit card accounts for onboard spending it will probably go to whoever is listed first on the reservation.

Archived