Ladies, tell me about the shampoo

mrsd912

I know Carnival supplies shampoo, but how decent is it?

I already planned on bringing conditioner, so that's a no brainer, but if the shampoo isn't bad then I can save a little space in my suitcase.

I don't use the shampoo( I bring my own---color treated hair) ... But the hubby and daughter (21) do, and they like it.... But the daughter definately says bring the conditioner.... The shower gel is not bad either.... But we have allergies so we bring ivory.

Our room had 2 shampoos....one in wall container in the shower and also it had freebie size shampoos on the vanity of Fructis Shampoo and Conditioner. I like Fructis and used it. The wall shampoo I didn't like. Now the shower gel in the shower...I loved it! Such a fruity smell!

I already planned on bringing conditioner, so that's a no brainer, but if the shampoo isn't bad then I can save a little space in my suitcase.

I have naturally curly hair, very curly. The shampoo in the shower makes my hair feel like a bird's nest. I bring my own travel-size shampoo and conditioner. My husband's hair likes the shampoo on board.

My daughters and I were not happy with the shampoo provided. Left our hair feeling like it had a coating on it. Don't know how else to explain it. Will always bring our own shampoo and conditioner from now on.

Well I am in the minority here...I have very fine and curly hair and wear it short...and I love the way my hair turns out while on the ship....and as a hairdresser I am picky about my shampoos, and only buy professional products, but there is something about the shampoo and the soft water that makes my hair a perfect curl and all I have to do is throw on my hair products and hair spray and my hair is ready to go for day or night....and the shower gel is wonderful.....I liked it so much, that when I got home I discovered the Bath & Body Works Lime & Coconut smells almost identical to the body wash on the ship, and now that is what I use and everytime I do....it brings back memories of the ship and our last cruise....

Going again in November and won't be bothering with my shampoo from home...only my hair products and hairspray...GOTTA HAVE THE HAIRSPRAY!!!!!LOL

I like the shampoo and soap also (great fragrance!!). The round, green facial soap bar is my favorite!!!

Even with short, fine hair I have to bring my own conditioner.... but I use conditioner at home everyday also. Finding as I age the 'greys' are a little coarser than normal and require it!!

I thought it was okay shampoo and I have color treated hair and it didn't strip color. It's fine for a week. The hair stylist comments are the ones I'd trust most.

My hair is colored too(of course, joke of the trade....NEVER trust a hairdresser that doesn't have colored hair....LOL:D) and it won't strip the color any more than a regular shampooing does anyway.....and some may need the conditioner for sure, but mine is so fine, that conditioners weigh it down and causes it to be flat, so I only use a small dab of a professional hair silk on mine after shampooing

Another one in the minority here.

I also have very fine (and straight) hair. I find the ship's shampoo is fine for a week. I like to think of it as giving my hair a vacation from my regular shampoo.:p I, too, take my own conditioner.

It seems like satisfaction with the ship's shampoo seems to be connected to hair type.

I have color-treated hair and I use the stuff on the ship. No problems at all. I do bring conditioner, but I use very little of that too so I only bring a small travel size bottle. I have shoulder length, thick hair, and have never had it dry out or frizz on me. I also know that my hair is healthy and strong so it tolerates a lot. I think you know your hair best, so if your even a bit unsure how it will react, bring a small travel bottle and maybe try the stuff they provide and see. If nothing else, it will help make the decision next time you cruise!:D As for the body wash, I use it too and love it!

Have a great trip!!

DON'T WASH YOUR HAIR IN THE SHOWER!!

It's so good to finally get a health warning that is useful!!!

IT INVOLVES THE SHAMPOO THAT RUNS DOWN YOUR BODY WHEN YOU SHOWER WITH IT. WARNING TO US ALL!!!

I don't know WHY I didn't figure this out sooner! I use shampoo in the shower! When I wash my hair, the shampoo runs down my whole body, and Printed very clearly on the shampoo label is this warning: "FOR EXTRA BODY AND VOLUME." No wonder I have been gaining weight!

Well! I have gotten rid of that shampoo and I am going to start showering with Dawn dish soap instead. Its label reads: "DISSOLVES FAT THAT IS OTHERWISE DIFFICULT TO REMOVE"

PROBLEM SOLVED!! ;)

DON'T WASH YOUR HAIR IN THE SHOWER!!

It's so good to finally get a health warning that is useful!!!

IT INVOLVES THE SHAMPOO THAT RUNS DOWN YOUR BODY WHEN YOU SHOWER WITH IT. WARNING TO US ALL!!!

I don't know WHY I didn't figure this out sooner! I use shampoo in the shower! When I wash my hair, the shampoo runs down my whole body, and Printed very clearly on the shampoo label is this warning: "FOR EXTRA BODY AND VOLUME." No wonder I have been gaining weight!

Well! I have gotten rid of that shampoo and I am going to start showering with Dawn dish soap instead. Its label reads: "DISSOLVES FAT THAT IS OTHERWISE DIFFICULT TO REMOVE"

PROBLEM SOLVED!! ;)

LOL :D That's great!