Going to be booking soon

mamajo3304

I am booking for myself and 3 friends and will be doing so through a PVP. I will be paying everyone's deposit at the time of booking, however I had some questions.

Will the PVP set each one of us up with our own accounts to pay for our own parts?

For making payments will each one of us be able to go onto the Carnival website, or will we each need to call the PVP to do that?

When making the initial reservation, will I have a chance to choose to put everyone's tips (prepaid) on to their accounts, or is that something we need to do individually?

Thanks for the help everyone. Only 257 days!

I dont really know how it could work to set everyone up with separate accounts to pay as the booking is a total amount, and until all 3 of you pay, the booking edocs cannot be viewed. If there is a amount, lets say $633 owed toward final payment .. you each will have to work it out who pays how much. The first and 2nd pax amount is always higher than pax #3 on paper.. so are you going to split it.. that is between you, not the PVP. Anyone should be able to log into the booking and see the total and make a payment, once they go to carnival.com and set up their own account.

I am booking for myself and 3 friends and will be doing so through a PVP. I will be paying everyone's deposit at the time of booking, however I had some questions.

Will the PVP set each one of us up with our own accounts to pay for our own parts?

For making payments will each one of us be able to go onto the Carnival website, or will we each need to call the PVP to do that?

When making the initial reservation, will I have a chance to choose to put everyone's tips (prepaid) on to their accounts, or is that something we need to do individually?

Thanks for the help everyone. Only 257 days!

Your best bet is to call carnival.

Carnival doesnt really set up payments, but once any of the three of you set up your own profile, you can each just go in separately and make the payments as you wish. I have made a payment online, so I know its easy.

Once onboard, it will be no problem having separate accounts.. but right now it will be one booking.

Even with a group booking of multiple cabins.. if one of those cabins does not make their payment on time.. none of the other cabins can get to their edocs, until this other cabin pays .. its the same for one individual booking for one cabin.. you all will have to make sure its paid off ontime .. between the 3 of you.

Yes, call CCL.

If the three of you are sharing one cabin, considering what I see when I review my booking, I am not sure that the cabin fare can be split through the website so that each guest can pay their own fare. Each one could call CCL when they were ready to pay their part but that would only reduce the remaining balance due on the cabin and not necessarily reflect who covered their fare.

Prepaying the tips does not have to be decided until a week or two before the cruise. Don't sweat that yet.

Have fun.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

Yes, call CCL.

If the three of you are sharing one cabin, considering what I see when I review my booking, I am not sure that the cabin fare can be split through the website so that each guest can pay their own fare. Each one could call CCL when they were ready to pay their part but that would only reduce the remaining balance due on the cabin and not necessarily reflect who covered their fare.

Prepaying the tips does not have to be decided until a week or two before the cruise. Don't sweat that yet.

Have fun.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

I guess Im not understanding how calling carnival would help?

If they owe as in my example $633.00 .. if person A and B both pay $211, the remaining balance will show $211. .. if these 3 girls dont trust each other enough to say .. OK I paid.. ok I paid.. is the 3 girl going to dispute it and say no.. thats my payment and try and cheat the other girls?

they could show by credit card accounts if someone tried to lie.

Carnival is never going to say how much each girl owes.

For instance .. if it were me .. the 2 pax who got the twin beds would pay more than the 3rd pax who either got the convertible sofa or a bunk bed, as that bed is less comfortable... the girls have to work it out among themselves how to split this. Carnival will not set it up separately.

If Carnival took responsibility for deciding how much each girl owed.. and one girl was short.. it could be blamed on Carnival. Carnival will not set up payments as I said above. So calling them to ask is a waste.. they will take whatever payments the girls decide among themselves to pay.

But if I didnt have one of the real beds.. would I want to pay full fare?? Its up to the girls to decide this.

There is 3 in my group. We calculate how much we owe and pay that. We pay it online too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ~ sign the awesome Gailerina!

thanks. thats what I have been saying.. the girls themselves will have to decide how to divide up the amount... and be responsible for paying it (or remind each other). It is easy to pay online.

thanks. thats what I have been saying.. the girls themselves will have to decide how to divide up the amount... and be responsible for paying it (or remind each other). It is easy to pay online.

Very true. 2 of us are done and 1 will be soon. Then we can pay the gratitudes.

It may depend on who's coming too. Is it You and then a friends friend?

Us 3 are bffs. But there are some of their friends I would not trust under my booking!

There are 4 of us total and we are going to get 2 adjoining cabins. I assumed that since I knew we could have seperate accounts on board that we could split it up at the time of booking. It is good to know now that we will have to split it up amongst ourselves. Will it be looked at as 2 seperate cabins, or as one booking as a whole? For instance, the amount for one cabin to be divided between the 2 occupants or will we get an amt for the 2 cabins to be divded between the 4 of us?

There are 4 of us total and we are going to get 2 adjoining cabins. I assumed that since I knew we could have seperate accounts on board that we could split it up at the time of booking. It is good to know now that we will have to split it up amongst ourselves. Will it be looked at as 2 seperate cabins, or as one booking as a whole? For instance, the amount for one cabin to be divided between the 2 occupants or will we get an amt for the 2 cabins to be divded between the 4 of us?

OK, I didnt realize there were two cabins, with 2 in each cabin.. so each booking is one cabin. Individual and separate from the other cabin (since its not a group booking). Each 2 on that booking will have to be responsible.

Each cabin will be billed separate to whoever is listed first and does the booking and gives their email.. but both can make their own profile and access the booking.

This is what I meant when I said make payments. I am assuming it is the same as when my husband and I set up a cruise with a ta, we had to make the deposit and then we made payments of whatever we wanted to make, whenever we wanted to make them, as long as the total was paid by 60 days before the cruise.

Thanks, that answered my question about us being able to make our own payments and how. This will make it much easier on me if they can just do their own payments.

Carnival doesnt really set up payments, but once any of the three of you set up your own profile, you can each just go in separately and make the payments as you wish. I have made a payment online, so I know its easy.

Im sorry I read too fast and saw three friends and assumed 3 total people.. didnt realize it was 2 + 2.

It should be simple as long as each person is computer literate enough to set up their own profile .. otherwise they could call in their payment.

We are 4 high school friends (been out of school 23 yrs- eek). There is a lot of trust between us, esp seeing as they are all giving me their $200 deposits so I can book the cruise. :-)

So, are the tips something we can add ourselves at a later time? Or will we need to talk to the PVP to do that?

I am confident I could just book this myself, except that we really want adjoining cabins and I can't seem to get access to those rooms through the carnival site.

Very true. 2 of us are done and 1 will be soon. Then we can pay the gratitudes.

It may depend on who's coming too. Is it You and then a friends friend?

Us 3 are bffs. But there are some of their friends I would not trust under my booking!

Yeah... I wouldn't be promising that. There are a couple that I will just give them the phone number- lol.

Thanks for your help

It should be simple as long as each person is computer literate enough to set up their own profile .. otherwise they could call in their payment.

We are 4 high school friends (been out of school 23 yrs- eek). There is a lot of trust between us, esp seeing as they are all giving me their $200 deposits so I can book the cruise. :-)

So, are the tips something we can add ourselves at a later time? Or will we need to talk to the PVP to do that?

I am confident I could just book this myself, except that we really want adjoining cabins and I can't seem to get access to those rooms through the carnival site.

You can pay the tips at the time of booking. If you want to pay them after booking individually your cruise has to be paid off.

Yay for still being friends from HS!

I just did this today with my PVP. Booked friends with us who have never cruised and to get the lower rate DH is booked with male friend and I am with female friend. Our PVP set their profile up and we each paid our own deposit, 4 transactions between 2 cabins. She said it was a piece of cake. We also included the gratuities so it will all be paid as one. The bookings reflect under our names on each cabin with our friends being listed as guests, however they have full access to the bookings, can make their own payments, and received duplicate emails of the booking. Much easier than I thought it would be. I also would not have done it on my own because we wanted cabins where the balcony divider can be opened and our PVP can see all that. She told us there were only 8 other people booked for this sailing (Apr 2014) so far, but the website only gave a handful of room options.

Have a great trip !!!

I am in charge of our groups booking. All family. We have two rooms also but each room must pay their own room to Carnival, but to simplify and organize everything I collect the money and pay carnival with my debit card. Each person pays cash on the designated payment dates, about once a month, then a big payment is made. We all meet together and have a "turn-in" with receipts so everyone can keep track and there can be no discrepancy concerns later. As for the tips we decided everyone could pay on board to make it easier.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I have always been the bookie :eek: for our group(s).

The PVP you work with can help you sort all the monies out.

For our upcoming cruise it is my family of 3 and 2 BILs. My PVP split the booking amounts, billed everyone on their seperate CC and even helped calculate in my FCC.

Sometimes they are our biggest asset. ;)

Archived