Taxi in Copenhagen

txd2

How much is the taxi fare from the pier to the airport in Copenhagen, and is it easy to get a taxi?

I am looking at ship transportation vs. on my own.

My flight out of Copenhagen is 2:45 pm.

Thanks.

My TA said that it would be about $40.00. I don't know for sure but maybe someone else has actually done it and will answer you. I'd like to have another opinion too, since my TA hasn't been there.pj

Copenhagen is riddled with taxis - all Mercedes! The reason is that all new private cars are subject to horrendous and punitive purchase taxes of many, many percent!

So the taxi drivers buy a new Merc, free of tax, run it for about three years and 150,000 miles, and can then sell it, tax free, on the second-hand market for about what they paid initially.

All taxis are metered, and many take credit cards. Everyone speaks good English.

I have some Euros left from our last trip and I was just wondering whether taxis in Copenhagen accepts Euros, or do they only accept their local currencies or credit cards?

Does anyone know for sure how much local currency is needed for a taxi from the airport to the Star Princess ship's terminal?

Just wondering.

I sailed the Grand Princess out of CPH last August. I was able to (easily) use my ATM card at the airport to get Danish Krone. Taxis were plentiful and easily found. The taxi fare from the airport to the pier was about $40. I believe that the taxis will take credit cards. English is widely spoken and Copenhagen, like the other Scandinavian cities, is a location that I would have no concerns about doing the transfers or sightseeing on my own (and we were two women traveling together).

daisee - that seems pretty tight for an international flight. Even if it docks at 7, it may take a bit of time for the ship to "clear" before they start letting people off, and I think that for an intl. flight I'd want to be at the airport at least 90 minutes prior to departure.

can anyone tell me how long it takes to get from the port to the aiport? If I book 9:40 flight (ship arrives at 7am) is that cutting it too close? Thanks in advance!

It should take no more than 30 min, and possibly less to get to the airport from the cruise terminal. However, I am not sure of availability of taxi to take you to the airport. I am assuming there will be taxi, but I am curious about the number of taxi waiting, and the competition with other cruisers. If you take the ship's transfer, do you know when the transfer busses depart? I agree with the previous poster, that it is always good to arrive at the the airport least 90 min, but you could probably do in in an hour as CPH airport is not that big, but then again, that could be pushing it. I think a flight departing at 9:40 could be tight.

I guess to add the times, 30 min to the airport, arrive 90 min early, that means you'd want to be in a vehicle and on your way by 7:40. If the ship docks at 7, that leaves you 40 min to get off the ship, collect your baggage, and compete for a taxi. Not saying it's impossible, you might make it, I just think it's a little too close for me. If only you had only 1 more hour to spare.

We are cruising from Copenhagen in July, so I checked the train website. The train ticket costs about $4.50 from the airport to Copenhagen. Does someone know how much a taxi would be from the train station to the port / pier? Or is there a direct bus?

Marc

• 3 weeks later...

We paid 283kr for a taxi to the airport. We left Star Princess about 6:15am (before our color was called) and took one of the few taxis outside at that time. I think it only took about 40 minutes to get there - the taxi driver drove like a maniac as there was no traffic.

Suzi

Hi, just returned from Copenhagen and the Star Princess (sigh!)

The ship docks very early. We booked the Princess Transfer to the airport and were called to disembark at 6:45 a.m. and were at the airport by 7:30. Our flight was not until 2:00 p.m. and we asked to take a later shuttle and were told these were the only Princess Shuttles scheduled. At the airport we put our luggage in a couple of lockers (70 DK) and did our own walking tour of the neighborhood around the airport. We found a small bakery and eat some wonderful pastries and just relaxed and enjoyed our last couple of hours on vacation.

Hope you have as good a time as we did!

Just thought I'd mention the check-in counters for these flights don't open until 9:30AM (for those who taxi to Copenhagen). Flights connecting in international cities can check-in whenever they arrive.

I think the folks on the Princess shuttles were handled seperately in different place because of the mayhem the first week (according to airport security)

Suzi

• 7 years later...

Archived