Sign and sail account

hunnibee72

I've already paid all my gratuities in advanced and was thinking about setting up my sign and sail account with cash rather then my debit card. Was wondering if anyone knew the minimum required to set it up? Thanks!!

Melissa

I am interested in knowing the answer to your question too. Also, you said you already prepaid your gratuities in advance. How is that done?? It has been some years since my last cruise and I remember them adding the gratuities to my account when you board the ship the first day. Can I prepay the gratuities on a credit card well before my cruise?

Hi twinbee

To prepay my gratuities I just called my travel agent and told her I wanted to prepay. I'm sure you could call carnival directly and do the same thing if you do not have a travel agent. The only thing was that prepaying raised the price of my travel insurance by a few dollars. But to meno was worth it not to have to worry about it once I get on the ship!

I've already paid all my gratuities in advanced and was thinking about setting up my sign and sail account with cash rather then my debit card. Was wondering if anyone knew the minimum required to set it up? Thanks!!

Melissa

Per the Carnival website $100-$350 depending on length of cruise, most phone calls will get you a $250 or $50 per person requirement.

Most on here will tell you that you can setup your account with any amount you choose. It is for you to charge against since the ship does not use cash. The smaller the amount the more times you might have to add to it. ;)

I am interested in knowing the answer to your question too. Also, you said you already prepaid your gratuities in advance. How is that done?? It has been some years since my last cruise and I remember them adding the gratuities to my account when you board the ship the first day. Can I prepay the gratuities on a credit card well before my cruise?

Yep, same as you paid for the cruise itself. Contact who you booked through. Easy Peasy.

@hunnibee72, I already purchased my travel insurance. So after I prepay my gratuities, I just have to call the travel insurance company and let them know of the price difference? Thanks for this info, I would never have thought about that.

For cash, there is no minimum requirement. Any amount given to you by Carnival is a suggestion, not required. I do suggest putting an amt that you think you may spend to reduce the # of trips you have to make to guest services. Some people do not spend much if anything onboard. Others spend a lot. Last cruise I put $40 on my account and still had change at the end of the week.

Enjoy!

Because our family is cash only, we put cash on our card every other day. There is no set amount you had to have and we put no charging privileges on our DDs' cards.

We didn't use a TA and we prepaid our tips also. We just waited till the line at the desk got shorter the day we sailed and then applied our funds to our cards.

Archived