hairdryer

What ship are you on? I believe that hairdryers are in all cabins. However, the only ship I am not certain about would be the Spirit. I have read that the Spirit has limited wiring and most cabins do not even have refrigerators. On another note, the hairdryers are very good on the Dawn and the Gem. They have them strategically located at a well lit, mirrored sitting area. The older ships, such as the Majesty had these nozzle type hairdryers in the bathroom. The air flow was very limited. It was almost like drying your hair with a vaccum. :)

I just got the Star on Sunday. We were in a Family Suite and there was a hairdryer hardwired into the drawer of the dresser area.

Pros

1. I didn't have to bring mine and take up valuable luggage space

2. It forced my DD15 to get out of the bathroom to dry her hair (and let someone else into the bathroom)

3. It dried my hair

4. It was not very noisy. Family could watch TV while I dried my hair.

Cons

1. Although it "looked" like my hairdryer, it was most certainly NOT my hairdryer. I straighten my hair with the dryer and it was "adequate". It took three times as long to dry and did not ever end up the way I like it.

2. It's hardwired into the drawer. There is not a great deal of wiggle room for styling. I HAD to sit to use it. (btw, I'm only 5'3" so it's not like I'm tall)

Decision

Next time, I will take up the valuable luggage space with a hairdryer. I found it very frustrating. Hope this helps! Maybe the Epic's will be better.

Archived