Personal Trainers in Mariner Gym? Any Good?

I was hoping to have a session with a personal trainer while on my upcoming Mariner cruise. I was wondering how knowledgeable they are and if it's worth it? I work out a lot, but I think it's important to always learn more and do more. Any comments?

• 6 months later...

I'm probably too late for you, but for anyone else...

I will NEVER AGAIN pay for a personal trainer on RCCL. As I stated previously, I paid $108 for a personal trainer to sort out a programme for me to start onboard, then continue once I returned home at a local gym.

Well, after the pitch that "diet and exercise ARE NOT going to help you lose extra weight, you must get $300 seaweed wraps and take algae pills to rid your body of toxins"(Let me tell you, my family doctor is FURIOUS) I still chose the training. I cannot tell you how stupid I felt to walk past her every day on the way into the gym to hear her pitching THE SAME SPEECH to the next gullible cruiser.

After nagging my trainer almost daily for said programme, I had to "wing" it all week, trying to remember what she had chosen for my workout routine-because I didn't get the programme until after 10pm the night before debarkation. :mad: Then I was somehow made to feel guilty for being upset enough to go to the desk to explain that I had not gotten what I had paid for.

To add salt to the wound, I signed up for a local gym chain once I got home, only to find out that the normally $50 trainer fee is waived for your first 5 training sessions (if you need 5!). Had I waited until I got home, it would have been FREE!!!!!!!!!

Can someone help erase "SUCKER" from my forehead?:rolleyes:

Archived