Contact From Planner?

i have yet to receive a phone call from our planner. the only contact i have had with anyone was the email confirming our booking of the wedding, and confirmation that they received our paperwork and payment for the marriage license.

we are getting married 10/03/12.

is this normal? when should we start hearing from them?

We had our wedding on the Miracle on July 1st. Have you submitted all of your paperwork to your wedding planner and carnival wedding dept. Do you know who each of them are? We were married in NY so we worked with "A Wedding For You" as our planner and Lissy from the Carnival Wedding Dept.

As long as all of your paperwork is in, you won't be hearing from them until you are about 30 days away.

We are 31 days away from our wedding on ncl and I just found out today that we will not be hearing from our wedding coordinator for another 2 weeks.

This is so nerve wracking. The people we have been in touch with so far keep sending emails to the wrong address despite being told numerous times what address to use. Additionally it's been taking them up to a week to get back to us.

I really really wish we had opted for a shoreside wedding and planned it ourselves :(

we are getting married in port canaveral.

we paid with a CC over the phone at the time of booking the wedding. after that, we got an email confirmation, a bunch of forms to fill out and return, and an email stating that our planning would be calling us within the week to introduce herself. that call never came.

we are getting married in port canaveral.

we paid with a CC over the phone at the time of booking the wedding. after that, we got an email confirmation, a bunch of forms to fill out and return, and an email stating that our planning would be calling us within the week to introduce herself. that call never came.

Hmmm...I'd try contacting them. Their automatic email response says that they'll get back to you within three days. But I've always been able to speak with a person when I've called, even if it wasn't my coordinator. My wedding's not til next year and I've had numerous calls/emails with my coordinator.

This happened to me for my wedding in March. I ended up emailing the firm that was supposed to be coordinating my wedding and then a coordinator contacted me and helped with the details. Everything worked out perfectly from there. Just send a quick note to the agency and copy carnival. That should help to get the ball rolling for you

ok, i am now kind of freaking out.

i called carnival, and they told me that i had a discussion with my wedding planner yesterday to go over final details. come to find out, they were looking at the wrong persons information.

then, when they reconfirmed my booking number they told me that my coordinator reached out to me on 07/20. i asked what number they called and it was half of bryans number and half of mine ... she was then really accusatory with me - what do you mean you didnt get the message. thats where i left it. of note, i just tired to call that number and it is not a working number.

so, now i am really upset and not really trusting of carnival's wedding department. :mad:

Wow. I am so sorry you have been having a problem with Carnival. Maybe you could ask to be switched to another coordinator. If it's any consolation, the coordinator you have right now is not the same coordinator who will meet you on the ship. I think if you just go over the items in your file to make sure s/he has everything then you should be fine.

I'm getting married Sept 9th (31 days). I haven't heard a word from my coordinator since I booked in Dec 2011. I've even tried contacting them but it's impossible. This is Royal Caribbean not sure who you are using.

Excuse my language, but from what we are experiencing and reading, these cruise line wedding planners "suck".

We are getting married on the Allure in November and have not heard from any RC planner since the changeover from Royal Romance months ago. We've called a few times, but have not received a call back or have gotten the "they are busy with more current weddings" responses.

We have important questions we need answered now! This is a wedding located miles from home which logistically much more difficult to coordinate.

It's not a childs birthday party at your local MacDonalds.

Thank you, I needed that.

ok, i am now kind of freaking out.

i called carnival, and they told me that i had a discussion with my wedding planner yesterday to go over final details. come to find out, they were looking at the wrong persons information.

then, when they reconfirmed my booking number they told me that my coordinator reached out to me on 07/20. i asked what number they called and it was half of bryans number and half of mine ... she was then really accusatory with me - what do you mean you didnt get the message. thats where i left it. of note, i just tired to call that number and it is not a working number.

so, now i am really upset and not really trusting of carnival's wedding department. :mad:

Jes, contact me privately at doopie1221 at yahoo. I have phone number that will help you out with your dilema.

Who did you use?

WOW ! I am so sorry you are having a problem. We booked a vow renewal for on board on carnival destiny for sept 22, 2012 and so far everytime I have emailed the coordinator I have gotten a response within 3 days each time.

I def would keep calling them and stay on top of them. The lady we have has been great so far. Her name is Carolina with carnival weddings.

Good luck i hope everything works out.

• 4 weeks later...

hey jul,

thanks for checking in! because of the FMIL drama, we actually had to change our wedding date and port. we are no longer dealing with TWE, and instead, are dealing with A Wedding For You.

OMG, its a night and day difference. i have talked to my planner 3 times since making the change. she is wonderful!

carnival on the other hand, not so much. i received an email from our coordinator there. it was addressed to jessica and ryan ... my fiance is bryan ... LOL

i am dealing with patty! she is absolutely amazing. she called me the day the change was made, and i was in TEARS. within minutes, she had me laughing and we concocted a plan to keep some distance between a certain someone and i on the wedding day.

new plan - married in baltimore on embarkation day. i am still the only bride on the ship for this sailing. :D

Archived