Club o2 and circle C roll out.

i was told how important it is for the kids to be at rollout on the first night. now i learn that the times they meet up is at 8 or 8:30. We have late dinning at 8:15. so... crap...

my question is:

how long does this meet and greet last, can my son have dinner with us and go after that? is it a 'hi and bye' type thing or they have activities all through the night.

it kinda sucks that they would do that during dinner time. whats wrong with doing that at like 5 or 530 before everyone wants to have dinner with family? the one thing i wanted was to have dinner with my kids at night. now seems like that might not work out. i dont know if its too late to request a change in dinning.

Maybe i should do anytime dining. i am unsure though. i dont really know how this works. we have a group of 15- soon to be 25 and i dont expect us all to sit together (thats crazy) but would be nice if some of us could pair up. im just not sure about standing in line for a table either. wonder how long it takes? i did a search for anytime dinning and came up with stuff for all kinds of cruise lines... idk

OR...... you could feed the kids at the buffet (getting a light something for yourself) and then enjoy a nice dinner for two.

Search around for the club schedule. There are many times the kids eat dinner together during the week.

If you do set time dining then all will be at tables near each other. Anytime Dining becomes difficult for large groups, just like land-based restaurants.

The few times we have had late dining either the kids ate earlier or we let the waiters know that they are going to camp. The kids didn't stay for dessert. They left around 9 to the club.

It helps if you know what you want to eat before you walk into the dining room.

Don't worry, it truly doesn't matter. On the first day there is a meet and greet in the afternoon-mainly for parents to peek in and check things out. The activities run on a schedule. My kids attend some, not others, and so they are back and forth. Your child most likely won't be interested in every planned event. Just keep a schedule of activities handy-you can pick one up at the club.:)

Don't worry, it truly doesn't matter. On the first day there is a meet and greet in the afternoon-mainly for parents to peek in and check things out. The activities run on a schedule. My kids attend some, not others, and so they are back and forth. Your child most likely won't be interested in every planned event. Just keep a schedule of activities handy-you can pick one up at the club.:)

I totally agree with this. It isn't necessary to attend the meet and greet. The kids can sign up anytime and join in on the fun when they want to. My DS and his friend only did the things they found interesting and ditched the other stuff. There is plenty for kids to do without the clubs.:D Enjoy your dinner with your family!

i was told how important it is for the kids to be at rollout on the first night. now i learn that the times they meet up is at 8 or 8:30. We have late dinning at 8:15. so... crap...

my question is:

how long does this meet and greet last, can my son have dinner with us and go after that? is it a 'hi and bye' type thing or they have activities all through the night.

Our Club Carnival orientation (for all ages) was at 5:15 pm and we had dining in the MDR at 6 pm. We printed all of the paperwork prior to sailing, and so we just dropped it off and grabbed a copy of the kids' program itinerary. We were in and out in less than 10 minutes.

But, our kid was 16, and there wasn't much to cover for the Club O2 group. The presentation seemed to be more geared toward younger kids--lots of safety information, checking-in/checking-out, etc. They were covering the wristbands (for kids 11 and under? I think?) when we were sneaking out.

Have a great cruise!

Archived