Ice Machines

huskerdude

Are there any ice machines on board were you can get your own ice? We have seen posts saying to tip your room steward to fill up your ice bucket, but can you get it your self. I'm not trying to save my tip money for anything else, but if it's midnight and I need some ice can i get it myself? We are sailing on the Elation in June.

We stayed at the HI in Port of Miami for the Triumph cruise on 4/9. We took a collapsable cooler as well. We asked the concierge at the hotel for the nearest place to get mixers, etc. He pointed us to a little shop near the Dade College campus that sort of reminded me of a little NY deli. It didn't impress me much. :(

We actually packed some gin, vodka and Jim Beam, and the Jim was the only thing we finshed. :) Bringing our own liquor (at least for us) seemed to be more trouble than it was worth. Since we were with a group of pople, it was easier to just order the drinks!

Have fun on your cruise!!!

Just got off the Spirit April 29th. We were on the Riviera deck and there was a ice machine behind a crew door on our hallway. I asked our room steward if it was permitted for me to go get our ice myself even though it was a crew area and he said it was no problem, so I did every day for the whole cruise. I felt a little odd ducking in there but I never met up with anyone so it worked out fine. I was happy not to have to bother them...the poor things are busy enough as it is.

Ask your steward when you board. Our steward showed us where the pantry was. He really didn't mind if we got it ourselves - one less thing for him to do. We take a collapsable cooler and even though the steward filled in morning and night - we like to mix drinks in the cabin (balcony) and really like the fact that we didn't have to chase the steward down or down to the ido deck to get it.

We stayed at the HI in Port of Miami for the Triumph cruise on 4/9. We took a collapsable cooler as well. We asked the concierge at the hotel for the nearest place to get mixers, etc. He pointed us to a little shop near the Dade College campus that sort of reminded me of a little NY deli. It didn't impress me much. :(

We actually packed some gin, vodka and Jim Beam, and the Jim was the only thing we finshed. :) Bringing our own liquor (at least for us) seemed to be more trouble than it was worth. Since we were with a group of pople, it was easier to just order the drinks!

Have fun on your cruise!!!

:DChutzpah, welcome to the boards. I think maybe you posted this on the wrong thread??? This thread is about ice machines on the ships.:D

Huckster, even though the steward will fill your ice bucket twice a day, ask him where the ice machine is located. I always do this, and get my own if I need extra. (I think it would be nice to tip extra if he keeps a large cooler filled for you.)

Yup... Not sure what I did. :) Someone was asking about getting bevs near the Port... (EDIT: I found the original post) LOL.

Also (from a newbie) - I mistyped my username... How can I get it changed?

And to keep this post on topic, we talked to our steward when we got there, he showed us where the ice machine was at the beginning of the cruise. We ended up mainly using the ice bucket and occasionally got more ice ourselves.

Thanks for the welcome!

-Stephen

Triumph - 4/9/05

Also (from a newbie) - I mistyped my username... How can I get it changed?

-Stephen

Triumph - 4/9/05

I don't think you can edit your username. At the top of this page, click on *cruise critic message boards*. At the top of the next page you'll see a question *need help using the boards* or something close to that. Click on that. That is the technical help board. Post this question to the host. She can probably change it. When I first signed up for CC over 2 years ago I used my e-mail address as my username not realizing that everyone would see it so I asked them to change it and they did, no problem.

Archived