Shared Shuttle with Reggae Tours

knots4crewzing

Hi,

We are trying to figure out the most economical way to get from Falmouth cruise port to Drs. Cave and back.

On TripAdvisor some one reccomended Raeggae Tours for $25pp R/T.

We have used private tours before but have not heard anything about this company. Has anyone used this co. and what did you think about them? Are they reputable?

Any info would be greatly appreciated:)

TIA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay - here I am, just back from our cruise!

We did use them for our shuttle from the Royal Caribbean dock in Falmouth. Inside the compound, you need to walk to the far end of the buildings and someone from the company will be there to meet you (just ask - they are no longer permitted to hold up a sign). Our driver was very friendly, pointing out a couple of spots along the drive (not too too talkative though...) He stopped at Dr. Cave beach and walked us in to make sure they knew we had paid. I will admit that it looked a little different than I expected, kind of walking in a store front along a narrow street. The chair guy came and asked where - we asked him to walk with us a little farther down the beach to get away from the main crowd. I think they were $6 each, but I may be getting the different ports mixed up. They weren't the most comfortable chairs but we spent most of the time in the water or walking up and down the beach. There was a bit of approaching to buy things, even weed, but they didn't bother you once you said no thanks. We walked to Margaritaville (which was busy) for late lunch then back to meet the van and returned to Falmouth. One thing to note was the time difference - they offered 2 return trips, one at 2:00 and one at 4:00. This is Jamaica time, which would be ship time 3:00 or 5:00. This made our decision to take the 2:00 return time since it was almost 30 minute drive.

I would not hesitate to use them! Good luck with your planning.

Okay - here I am, just back from our cruise!

We did use them for our shuttle from the Royal Caribbean dock in Falmouth. Inside the compound, you need to walk to the far end of the buildings and someone from the company will be there to meet you (just ask - they are no longer permitted to hold up a sign). Our driver was very friendly, pointing out a couple of spots along the drive (not too too talkative though...) He stopped at Dr. Cave beach and walked us in to make sure they knew we had paid. I will admit that it looked a little different than I expected, kind of walking in a store front along a narrow street. The chair guy came and asked where - we asked him to walk with us a little farther down the beach to get away from the main crowd. I think they were $6 each, but I may be getting the different ports mixed up. They weren't the most comfortable chairs but we spent most of the time in the water or walking up and down the beach. There was a bit of approaching to buy things, even weed, but they didn't bother you once you said no thanks. We walked to Margaritaville (which was busy) for late lunch then back to meet the van and returned to Falmouth. One thing to note was the time difference - they offered 2 return trips, one at 2:00 and one at 4:00. This is Jamaica time, which would be ship time 3:00 or 5:00. This made our decision to take the 2:00 return time since it was almost 30 minute drive.

I would not hesitate to use them! Good luck with your planning.

Thanks for the review. My husband and I ended up booking them for a snorkel excursion for our Oct cruise. I'm glad they worked out.

• 1 year later...

We needed to get from Falmouth to Montego Bay, so I emailed Gregg at Reggae Tours (address on their website).

My wife and I did not want to go near the Hip Strip since we have been there and were not interested in the "tourist" experience. Where we wanted to go was Mega Mart, about one mile further down the road.

For the same price as the Doctor's Cave shuttle, they dropped us at the Mega Mart after dropping the others off at Dr's Cave, picked us up early and dropped us at the Pork Pit for Jerk, and then picked us up before the 1:00 pickup at Dr's cave. I was amazed at how accommodating they were. The driver was very friendly and we got to do what we wanted to do in Jamaica (Mega Mart has Jablum for 18/lb, but we buy High Mountain for 8/lb).

I know that Reggae Tours will be my go-to company next time we are in Jamaica.

Hope that helps. We gave extra tips to the drivers because they definitely earned it.

Edited by Tralfaz