new way to get booze onboard

Malinda1229

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Thank you for the answer. I'm not a wine drinker, so I have no idea of the difference in revenue lost. I know some bottles of wine cost WAY more than the rum I like to drink. Oh well it is what it is :)

Well, if you are a wine drinker, then you need to sail on HAL. You can bring as much wine as you want! Saw some people brining on cases of wine on one cruise!

Just so you know, I can't be positive about Carnival, but my sister in law works for a company and that is her job to read forum boards all day and make notes.

welcome to marketing. I have two full-time staff who do nothing but read our online profiles, what people say about us and then we adjust what we need. I Guarantee carnival has much more than two people reading their stuff.

Well, if you are a wine drinker, then you need to sail on HAL. You can bring as much wine as you want! Saw some people brining on cases of wine on one cruise!

Yes, just don't bring those bottles to the MDR on HAL unless you're prepared to pay the $18 corkage!

Inj the past bringing wine on board wasnt a big deal so that may have worked.

Last feb cruising out of Galveston I had this one security guy look over my bottles of wine for a good 3-5 minutes.

Normal bottles of wine from a small Napa valley winery so it looked like a craft wine:cool:

I had never seen them look so close.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Yes, just don't bring those bottles to the MDR on HAL unless you're prepared to pay the $18 corkage!

Not always! Depending how you "treat" your waiter, it is not always charged ;)!

Why would you advertise that you do something like this when CCL is watching.. rum... bubbles and unless you have wine with gas in it wine doesn't have bubbles.. I am an international medal winning wine maker and I can say I would never do that..

I call BS on this post. Winemaker is one word. You would know that if you really were a winemaker.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
I call BS on this post. Winemaker is one word. You would know that if you really were a winemaker.

I hope that was a joke, right? Could it possibly be a typo???:D

OK so I am not a big drinker when I go on a cruise but if I have to worry so much about smuggling alcohol onboard in order to save a few bucks (and I know it is more than a few bucks) then I am not gonna drink.

I am sorry but it is people like the OP that ruin it for the rest of us. If people continue to sneak alcohol onboard then pretty soon were not even gonna be allowed to bring pop onboard :mad:

just got of the pride if you interest give me your email and i can send pics of how i did it. my screen is no where near my real name. but i ordered a ginger ale almost every night at dinner just told them dont open taking back to my room. i also order 3 bottles from bon voyage, snuck liquor on , and had a liquor bill.

Hummm, ok here's my email... jo.glynn at hotmail.com ... totally asking for a friend not for myself :p:D

I take 2 32oz rumrunners, either in luggage or this time in cargo shorts. I also take a few little ones so that i can take to pool. How do i fill the coke? I buy one, take a sip, then poor it from the flask! they dont care, as long as your buying something, ive never had a problem! and yes, theyve seen the bags (bar tenders/pool wait staff).

nope, you don't have a problem

I'm sorry if I offended you in any way. I only posted it as a joke as to what means people are willing to go. I actually find it disturbing too, because if it passes security, who knows whay type of liquid is there. Again, sorry!

No None taken , I was having a bad day . I apoligize as well , this whole F2F thing , people saying we are infringing are thier rights and I saw that and it just it hit me wrong .I should have known it was joke but today I never know how far people will go to smuggle booze LOL . Its all good. :):)

One more thing CCL. I understand your guys have about 1 1/2 seconds to look at each bag.

Are they lookin for this:

stock-photo-xray-scan-detects-weapon-in-criminals-briefcase-37235026.jpg

or this:

AirportSecurity_2.jpg

Just Curious?-REALLY HOPE IT`S THE 1`ST ONE

Pretty sure they use something like this.. helps the screeners

ID stuff - also shapes like bottles (and rum runners LOL) can

be programmed in and flagged when scanned just like all the

other contraband:

http://www.wi-ltd.com/security/Scanning_and_Screening/X_Ray_and_Screening_Systems/Pallet_and_Cargo_Scanners/WG_IS1517DV_X_Ray_Cargo_Scanner

I actually find it disturbing too, because if it passes security, who knows whay type of liquid is there. Again, sorry!

There are biological and chemical agents that can pass for a bottle of water no problems under the shake and stare test Carnival gives them. Said bottles of agent could kill nearly everyone on board quickly as well.

Something for you to think about while they are shaking someones water bottles in plain view. Basically I am saying you shouldn't worry about smuggled booze and the potential for smuggled whatever other liquids you might be worried about. They can walk on the ship with it in their hand and pass security if they really wanted too. No need to smuggle.

I am sure security is aware and so are the bad guys. Its a chance we all take as its better to live with the dangesr of too much freedom, than to live falsely secure with too little freedom.

I think its best to get a buddy with a prosthetic leg and make it into a smuggling container.

Also Rum Runners need to invent the , well I dont want to say it so let the product name say it. "booze dong" What security guard will inspect a sex toy?

Just like the booze bra, it's been invented.

This product is used to beat drug tests, but the "bladder" can easily be filled with booze (rinse well before using, LOL) :rolleyes:

http://www.thewhizzinator.com/lifestyle-products/the-whizzinator-in-white

I suppose the bubble wrap must help to a certain degree. I was foolish a few years ago and had an old, heavy laptop I didn't want to carry, so I put it in the checked luggage. Wrapped in a towel, yeah, but airport security didn't like that one bit. I suppose it was the 1970s yellow hard-side luggage that made it look suspicious. You mean there are not gorillas in airport baggage processing anymore?? :o LOL

Anyway, I hear the rum runners are effective but I'd guess they would have to be catching on those sometime soon. Remember to wash them in HOT water before using.

I am thinking the best way has to be to order the bon voyage gift. Might as well use the service before they take THAT away too.

~Bob~

ok so i dont drink but the hubster like his rum and cokes - add to this we are wine makers we make about 700 bottles of wine a year for friends family and our cooking school so i have plenty of empty wine bottles, labels and corks. So chatting with the hubster about getting some of rum on board he likes gosslings and its not sold on Carnival ships. So we are going to fill 2 wine bottles cork them, put the plastic seals on, then a wine label. should be no issue getting the contraband on the ship as it will look like a store bought bottle of wine!!

Here is the question, i have read so much about sneaking booze on board but how do you get away with ordering a coke from the bar and putting your own "stuff" in it!!?? LOL!!!

BYW this is his 1st cruise not mine - this is why this has never been an issue with me before!

My hubby is the drinker, but we order from Bon Voyage and then we get soda cards for both of us and then he will buy a thermos from the ship and it doubles as his way to mix his own drinks and souvenier

Archived