Want to zipline...but afraid

b-survivor

I am attempting to accomplish something on my bucket list. Can any of you recommend a company that has the least amount of runs and the least scary runs. I saw that Clip N Zip has 11 runs, I would like less than that. Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure you will find one with less runs than that. 11 runs is not very many. Most people want to feel like they are getting their moneys worth...

I will tell you that no one thought I would go through with zipping when we went on a visit to Costa Rica...... I was shaking as I clipped in for the first run.... but once my feet left the platform and I was flying it all went away. The most important thing is that you feel comfortable with the company you are zipping with. We went with one that had been open less than a year - all the equipment was new and in good shape and they were very very careful with all of us. We did 16 zips that day. It was hard work and I was soaking wet with sweat by the end but I did it and I am proud of myself for that. I will say I was 53 yo and not in the best shape at the time. Some of the lines were difficult to clip onto as they were higher than I could stand so the guide counted 1-2-3 and I had to make a small jump and he clipped me in. I was then hanging by the harness and he would push me off.

It is totally worth it to face your fears and do this...... I did it once but truthfully have to say I probably won't do it again. Unless I lose @ 50 lbs :D

I had fears too, so I did my first one in the states, just in case. It went fine, but two got injured approaching the platform, which can happen any time any where. I feel go for it. We had so much fun. I can't wait to go again. Oh, I am 59 yo. My kids think it is funny that I am finally doing things I have talked about. Try parasailing. Lots of fun!

A few years ago we did the South Shore Zip line. My mother was 60 at the time and her sister who was 65 both went and had a blast. They have guides that go on the lines with you and both my mom and aunt had a guide that was hooked with them, so basically they didn't go down the line by themselves. I'm very afraid of heights and I had a blast. Not one time was I afraid or get nervous.

I'm taking my boys there in December and can't wait. I would recommend them to anyone.

On our last visit to Roatan we booked the Zip N Dip with Victor Bodden, and for us, it was a blast. Many on here will tell you that Victors Ziplines are comparatively the easiest to do. I found the worst part is the initial climb up the hillside steps to get to the first platform, but once there, it was really fun. I liked theirs also because of the double line safety feature they have, and the guides that stay with you through the entire course. Sorry, i can't remember exactly how many runs there were, but in retrospect, they were pretty easy. I was 56 at the time and DW was 60, we were the oldest in our group.

• 2 weeks later...

We did Victor's and even two in our group that were really afraid enjoyed it. Well, at least one made it all the way through, the other decided halfway through that she had done enough to check it off her bucket list and walked back (a guide went with her) Here are a few pictures of their runs. I can't remember how many there were, but our group loved them all and felt very safe!

DSC_0133.JPG

One of the guides rode down with one of the ladies that was nervous.

DSC_0130.JPG

And my son was able to ride with my grandson

DSC_0086.JPG

And another one of the guides; this shows you a little more of one of the runs.

DSC_0174.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

I did the Pirates zipline in Roatan after some research because they had two cables. Our tour was with Bodden and we had Dolie as the driver, and he took us to several locations.

Will be heading back to Roatan in March and we'll do the South Side zipline and whatever else they have there. Will probably just book with them rather than do a tour as we saw the sights of the island last time.

We all loved the ziplining and I am looking forward to the next trip. Roatan is beautiful and its pretty small and easy to get around.

Archived