But we don't drink!

Mattmax

Do they have fun festive non alcoholic drinks available in the ship bars? I would love to have the pretty cups, straws, parachutes and fruit, but my husband and I are "allergic" to alcohol. Anyone else? What about Cozomel excursions?

Get any drinks served as a vigin drink. Its a dollar cheaper to do that. Even the frozen foo-foo drinks. Check your receipt and make sure they did not charge you the full price before signing for it.

Every day, Carnival has the "drink of the day" either alcoholic or non-alcoholic versions. Waiters will be walking around the Lido Deck with the drinks on trays, or you can purchase them in any of the ship's bars/lounges.

You should make a new thread about Cozumel excursions. It would get more attention.:)

You will find that the crew not only respects the fact that you don’t drink, but are very mindful of people who don’t drink. I always tell the Head Waiter that I can not have any alcohol with dinner, even when cooked. (I know the alcohol is cooked out, but the flavor still sends a shock through my body, even after 16 years of sobriety.) I get a “Fountain Fun Card” card for about $5 per day. I can get all the soft drinks I want. I always get an umbrella in my soft drink for the sail away. I have to admit, it looks rather odd, or in some cases stupid, with an umbrella stuck in a regular glass, but I don’t care. My wife was pregnant with our son a couple years ago and was able to purchase the virgin version of any drink she wanted. It came complete with fruit, umbrella and the nice souvenir glass. We didn’t catch that it was a dollar cheaper, all the better!

They also serve fruit punch along with Champaign for the Captains Party in the same type of glass.

Cozumel is WONDERFUL! We actually did a Beach Buggy and Snorkel tour which did not have any alcohol because we were driving the beach buggy’s. But we also didn’t have any of the fruity drinks you mentioned. (Soft drinks and water were the only offerings.)

Drinks I agree I am not a big "drinker" but virgin drinks are just as good...and a little cheaper (thats the single dad part talking).

In Coz we went to Paradise beach. Took a taxi that cost $12.00 for the three of us. The kids got wrist bands for $5 each to use the kayaks, water trampoline, iceberg, floats, and life jackets if needed, also they had snorkel equipment. There was someone right there renting wave runners ($55 for 30 minutes), parasailing ($55), boats taking people out snorkeling. They also had hair braiding and wraps, massages on the beach and those henna tattoos. We didn’t have to pay for beach chairs or umbrellas. The food was pretty good and moderately priced and the margaritas were great! Myself I enjoyed the gulf breezes under my umbrella on my lounge chair, while being plied by drinks by Tom the manager (great guy to meet too!). I was amazed at how much this beach had to offer. This port city is absolutely brilliant. There's a ton of things to see and do. Every "Vice" can be satisfied in this city. And of course we had to make our annual trip to Fat Tuesday's by the dock to swing at the bar and soak up atmosphere and watch people before getting back on board.

We dont drink either, I always bring me a fancy plastic glass from home, something colorful and go to the buffet and keep filling up with punch or tea or water. Looks alot cooler than those clear soda glasses. They have even used my glass at the bars when using my soda card....

My daughter (12 years old) loves virgin strawberry margaritas. At the formal cocktail party or repeaters party, you can ask for vigin mixed drinks (they are free!).

Rather than ask a server, go up to the bartender and ask for it.

Archived