NCL Sun Aft Balcony - Deck 8 0r 10?

rainbowbeach

Going on 11 day NCL Sun in March and want to stay in B1 aft balcony cabin. There aren't any cabins available on Deck 9, so my only options are Deck 8 (above theater) and Deck 10 (below Garden Cafe).

As I've never stayed in an aft balcony cabin before, not sure which one would be better in terms of noise. Also which one would be better overall. Thanks!

I usually avoid staying under the cafe or lido deck in general. At night they clean and move chairs and tables around.....very annoying. At least over the theatre, shows are usually over by 11pm, so you shouldn't have any noise there.

Aft cabins are nice, but aren't as private. Sometime the partitions are angled between balconies so you are able to see the people next to you. And yes, you do get some ash on the balcony from the stack. Not a lot, but enough to sometimes be a nuisance. We did it once to check it off the bucket list!!!

Thanks! We'll stay in the one above the theater. And hope that our balcony happens to be one of the more private (Cabin 8278).

Which cruise? If 3/20 you will be (almost) right below us. We are in 9076.

We'll be on the 3/20 cruise! Maybe a room will open up on your deck - that's where we want to be.

I am actually cruising in the same suite as I had in 2009. I booked 15 months ago! I cruise with my mom who is more for the onboard part than the ports. So, we looked to see how to get back on the Sun and I picked this one. I have been to St Thomas and St Marteen and mom

Has been to Caracas but the other two are new to us.

If you don't get on 9 you will still love your aft balcony on 8. We will be able to see you from our balcony!

The Sun is a great little ship.

We have a small but friendly group on the roll call.

I just read where you said you wanted private. I did not mean to imply it wasn't. People from above will only see you if you are out at the railing. If you are sitting on your balcony not so much. I never felt "on display from above". Sometimes we did look up when we stood at the railing and saw people waving but that was rare. Look at my avatar. That's our Sun!

• 6 months later...

Hi everyone,

We are booked on the march 20 Sun cruise also. We had a balcony mid ship, but when 8278 aft became available we decided to switch. Looks like we will be looking up to you...Donna from Dallas!! We can't wait---17more days!

Terry & Tom Wagner

Archived