ES and price drops

sunluv

I've been searching but haven't found the answer to my question. I booked ES and there is a price drop of $20 that I already put in for. However, I see there is a bigger price drop of $40 for Fun Savers and FL Resident rates.

Can I take advantage of those price drops as well? or do I strictly keep to the ES rates, which is what I booked under?

I've been searching but haven't found the answer to my question. I booked ES and there is a price drop of $20 that I already put in for. However, I see there is a bigger price drop of $40 for Fun Savers and FL Resident rates.

Can I take advantage of those price drops as well? or do I strictly keep to the ES rates, which is what I booked under?

Obviously fun saver rate is NOT your category as ES you had to have picked a category and a cabin.

Fun Saver is only gtys. Carnival used to say no, since its against the rules, no downgrading and no price matching to some lower category, but lately they have been allowing people to give up their cabin and price match to these gtys.. so many people dont understand the rules say to price match to your category.

You CAN put in for the price match .. if you are ok with giving up your cabin, it cant hurt. They took away my cabin without asking .. though I was UPGRADING to a higher gty not trying to price match downward, which I assume you want to do.

Try it.. if you dont care about the location of the cabin you are in. cant hurt.

Yes, as long as you qualify for the rate and its for the same cabin category that you booked.

You would still remain ES.

You know its not the same category OP is asking about since they asked about price matching to a gty only rate, fun saver.

You can match to the resident rate no problem, as you can match to any rate you are eligible for. If you choose the fun saver rate, you will give up the option to choose your cabin because with fun saver they choose your cabin for you. If you still want to keep the cabin you booked, only put in for rates that 1) you are eligible for, and 2) where you can choose your own cabin.

Good luck! :) And happy sailing!

You can match to the resident rate no problem, as you can match to any rate you are eligible for. If you choose the fun saver rate, you will give up the option to choose your cabin because with fun saver they choose your cabin for you. If you still want to keep the cabin you booked, only put in for rates that 1) you are eligible for, and 2) where you can choose your own cabin.

Good luck! :) And happy sailing!

As far as I know its not always true they will waive the rules and let you give up your cabin and throw the rules out the window.. though you do hear of it happening more lately.

You have to be prepared they might enforce the rules and say no.

Some residence rates are also gtys and not always ones they will allow matching to.

Archived