Questions from new cruiser to HAL

swmrgrl

I've just changed our South America booking from another cruise line to the Rotterdam (16 day)and would appreciate answers to the following questions.

* Perk wise is there really any difference between the Deluxe veranda (which we have) over the penthouse verandah? The only difference I can see is the total space.

* Is there priority embarkation/disembarkation?

* According the the brochure there is priority boarding for ports of call - does this mean you are moved ahead of other passengers while getting off the ship and back on through a separate line?

* Does this ship have a lap pool or similar?

Thanks for your help.:)

I've just changed our South America booking from another cruise line to the Rotterdam (16 day)and would appreciate answers to the following questions.

* Perk wise is there really any difference between the Deluxe veranda (which we have) over the penthouse verandah? The only difference I can see is the total space.

The PS is much bigger and includes a butler's pantry, seperate sleeping area, etc. Requests from guests in the PS get priority consideration, but there's no specific additional perks.

* Is there priority embarkation/disembarkation?

Yes, for both PS and S guests

* According the the brochure there is priority boarding for ports of call - does this mean you are moved ahead of other passengers while getting off the ship and back on through a separate line?

You get priority debarkation at tender ports - just show your room key. You don't jump ahead of the line but you also don't have to wait for a "tender ticket" number to be called. I've never seen priority boarding in ports of call (either tendered or docked) because there's no "check-in" or "get a number" style procedure.

* Does this ship have a lap pool or similar?

No.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks for the info. I think we'll stay with the room we have. Having only cruised once before, it is hard to know what is available on the different lines.

Do you know if the rooms have a smoking odor to them (I'm asthmatic)? Our first cruise this past Dec was awesome and I don't know what the room stewards do but not a hint of smoke was detectable.

I'm looking forward to this cruise as it will be without our kids!

Thanks for the info. I think we'll stay with the room we have. Having only cruised once before, it is hard to know what is available on the different lines.

Do you know if the rooms have a smoking odor to them (I'm asthmatic)? Our first cruise this past Dec was awesome and I don't know what the room stewards do but not a hint of smoke was detectable.

I'm looking forward to this cruise as it will be without our kids!

I've never smelled a hint of smoke. What ever they use it works like a charm.

Enjoy your cruise!!! SA is one we are hoping to do when our son is off in college.

Dave, you forgot my favorite reason for staying in the PS, the HUGE tub and the separate shower. The PS also has an extra bath, and the panty area also has a sub zero fridge and mircowave oven. The living room also has floor to ceiling windows, which are great for relaxing and watching the world go by. There are also the wonderful closets.

Have a wonderful cruise on the beautiful Rotterdam.

Archived