day pass?

Boatingmom

Grand Turk is kind of like, parking your boat right on the beach. Its kind of a simple place, you hop off the ship and paradise is right in front of you. Lounge chairs, palm trees, shade, sand and turquoise water. All free of charge. The beach is huge and has plenty of chairs. There are some shops if your into shopping. There is a hut to rent water toys. A couple of beach bars with some local food all within walking distance. I usually park myself on a nice chair, do some swimming & snorkeling, then head to Jack's Shack for some Jerked Chicken and a couple of rum drinks. I'll be there in 2 months and it is one of my favorite ports. This will be my third time at Grand Turk and I never did the Margaritaville option. Although it sounds like a lot of fun, I just like to relax without the crowds while i am on vacation. I hope this information helps and you enjoy your cruise! :D

I know there is a rental hut as you enter the beach from the cruise terminal. I bring my own mask and snorkel. Both beach bars advertise water activity rentals. There is a big debate on this message board on which beach bar is better. I like Jack's but you'ill have to make up your own mind. There is plenty of beach to strech out on no matter where you choose to relax.

If you stay near the terminal, the swimming area is marked off with ropes and bouys and they have a lifeguard that patrols on a jet ski. If you like to snorkel, go out to the far marker ropes, it starts an area that they call "The Wall". It drops off to some pretty scary depths. When your ship docks, you will see the change in the color of the water where the depth changes drastically.

Archived