Altun Ha River Wallace - Pregnant?

hangn601

Just wondering if this will be too much for a pregnant lady? My concerns are the river boat slapping against the water and if it will be too much walking. Have any of you done this tour and if so, what's your advice?

Thanks!

I have done this privately and with Carnival. It is a smooth ride and the walking is easy unless you climb to the top of the ruins. However, the boat ride is up to two hours long without a restroom. You will have no shade for this same length of time. You will have to decide how that will work for you. It is a good tour though.

Just wondering if this will be too much for a pregnant lady? My concerns are the river boat slapping against the water and if it will be too much walking. Have any of you done this tour and if so, what's your advice?

Thanks!

We did this one. The river ride was was very placid; however, when we hit the bay the driver opened it up and we had a very bouncy, rough ride for about 15 minutes going across the bay. It was uncomfortable under normal circumstances - NOT good if you are pregnant.

• 1 month later...

I am looking to do this same excursion on the Carnival Legend in Belize in December. Can you recommend a private company? Is it cheaper than doing it with Carnival?

I have done this privately and with Carnival. It is a smooth ride and the walking is easy unless you climb to the top of the ruins. However, the boat ride is up to two hours long without a restroom. You will have no shade for this same length of time. You will have to decide how that will work for you. It is a good tour though.

We did this one. The river ride was was very placid; however, when we hit the bay the driver opened it up and we had a very bouncy, rough ride for about 15 minutes going across the bay. It was uncomfortable under normal circumstances - NOT good if you are pregnant.

I second this one! I was so sore by the time I got back to the ship that I went to the spa and had a massage. The excursion itself was one of the best I've been on; that last 15 minutes across the bay, not so much!

Archived