Saint Martin, NB: how long AFTER low tide?

I have searched and cannot find this information, and appreciate any help. In Saint Martin, how long after dead low tide can you enter onto the bay floor to walk around? Low tide on September 5 is around 9:50 am. We disembark at 9:30 and will get our Avis rental car asap. The earliest we will get to Saint Martin is probably 1 hour past deadlow tide. Will we have access to walk on the bay floor at that point? Thank you for any help!

I have searched and cannot find this information, and appreciate any help. In Saint Martin, how long after dead low tide can you enter onto the bay floor to walk around? Low tide on September 5 is around 9:50 am. We disembark at 9:30 and will get our Avis rental car asap. The earliest we will get to Saint Martin is probably 1 hour past deadlow tide. Will we have access to walk on the bay floor at that point? Thank you for any help!

You will be fine because after low tide there is slack tide, where the water neither rises or falls for about an hour. Even after high tide starts you have an hour.

• 2 weeks later...

Sister, it's really cool to walk over to the caves. It seems we will be in Saint John the same day as you so you're either on Carnival Glory or Disney Magic!

Acey: I'm in love with Mr. Fudgees cookies from Atlantic Superstore!

We will be there on the Glory and have reserved a rental car. However, I have heard something about a train or just walking. Does anyone know how far from the ship and is a car needed? We are really hoping to walk the floor of the bay. I looked it up online and low tide is 8:31 am and high tide is 2:36 pm. We arrive at 7 am and will get there as soon as possible. Thanks, Acey-SJ, for the information on the slack tide...sounds like we should be ok.

Avis is a very short work from the pier in Saint John. Come out of the terminal and turn left on Water Street. Walk and you'll see the Avis sign across the street a block or two away.

I don't think a train goes to either St. Martins or Fundy Trail.

You can either rent a car or do a ship-sponsored tour to these places.

Archived