Little League World Series?

Does anyone know if it is possible to watch games on Enchantment for the LL world series? It appears that they will be on ESPN2. Normally not something we'd schedule for, but our town is going and we'd like to see the boys play. Especially since several are boys who live nearby and we know their families - one lives two houses away. Hope maybe someone knows if you can watch them on the ship?

We have had the Little League World Series playing on past cruises. When my kids were teens we always cruised the end of August and always (it seems) the week of the series so we always watched it on the ship. It is a running joke now that my boys are in their 20's that if the series is on we should be on a cruise! Enjoy your cruise and the games!

Totally depends on the satellite feed, but be sure to ask once you are onboard.

Little League World Series is one of the great events in sports! No contract holdouts, no showing-up the pitcher by standing at home plate after hitting a home run, no agents, just talented young kids giving it their best shot!

It is not out of the realm of possibility. The ships carry ESPN, not necessarily the specific ESPN or ESPN2 or any other ESPN channel exclusively. You get past a certain point it will be ESPN International. If it is an event that is broadcast on ESPN, then there is a chance you will see it on board -- Particulalry this time of year -- after the loympics, before football, and before the basebal playoff drives get started in earnest. So you might see them -- but I wouldn't count on it -- even if you see some of the games, I wouldn't bet on any specifc game. Set your DVR so you can watch the games when you get home.

Don't forget of course when you are in port to see if any of the bars have it on. Baseball is big in some of the Caribbean countries and now that the Olympics are done, there might be others interested in seeing it as well.

Thank you all, I will check once we get on board, hopefully it will work out. We can TIVO the first game, but then it gets a little more complicated because it all depends on who wins and loses...

It is a great experience to see these little boys having their moment to shine. My husband coached some of their older brothers in soccer, some went to elementary with my daughter, and I've spent the last ten years trying to not run over one on his bike, lol.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Archived