Stateroom assignment question

Chicken Chick

Interestingly enough, I tried that trick for my upcoming Valor cruise in september. We booked a guaranteed suite. Room number shows up as TBA under manage my cruise....but when doing what you did with the VIFP tab, an ocean suite number shows up.

Keep us updated if you end up with that exact room....cool glitch if so.

I forgot to update this. The room listed with this trick ended up being exactly the room that we ended up with.

Since we are also "TBA" on our "Manage Your Cruise" tab info, I wanted to try this (we sail in 17 days).....but when I go to the "My VIFP" tab and "Cruise History" all I see are PAST cruises...nothing about the upcoming one.

What am I missing here?

I'm getting the same thing now. I guess they revamped the my VIFP tab or something. My upcoming cruises no longer show up there either.

Maybe they found out what the OP found out! *LOL*

Oh, well.....I will still be happy to board the ship. I'm just so anxious to find out! :)

I found this website, but not sure if the numbers grayed out means those categories are completely sold out

cruise fish dotnet with no spaces

Find your ship and sail date and it shows available pricing which I think relates to available rooms

According to that website, my sailing is COMPLETELY sold out.

You'd think they'd have the room assigned in that case, wouldn't you?

According to that website, my sailing is COMPLETELY sold out.

You'd think they'd have the room assigned in that case, wouldn't you?

not really because if someone on your sailing wants to upgrade to a cabin carnival can "sell" it to them for a price

when is your cruise?

we sail on next sunday and people are being called and offering upgrades at a price-- so people are still waiting for assignments

not really because if someone on your sailing wants to upgrade to a cabin carnival can "sell" it to them for a price

when is your cruise?

we sail on next sunday and people are being called and offering upgrades at a price-- so people are still waiting for assignments

Our cruise sails Feb. 3rd.

It took me a few minutes to figure out what you were saying. So, basically, enough people have booked to fill EVERY stateroom, but those of us with "guarantee" rooms to be assigned, may get moved around if one of the rooms left in the non-assigned rooms is, say a balcony or suite, or ocean view.....and they may call the people who chose a balcony and say "Would you like to upgrade to a suite?"...or call the people who chose an inside room and ask, "Would you like to upgrade to an ocean view?"

I think I understand how it works a little better, now. Yup, we probably won't know until the day of boarding what our room assignment is.

Where is the stateroom number listed under the VIFP tab?

Interestingly enough, I tried that trick for my upcoming Valor cruise in september. We booked a guaranteed suite. Room number shows up as TBA under manage my cruise....but when doing what you did with the VIFP tab, an ocean suite number shows up.

Keep us updated if you end up with that exact room....cool glitch if so.

I think I understand how it works a little better, now. Yup, we probably won't know until the day of boarding what our room assignment is.

I think you will be assigned before that-- maybe the day before.

do NOT give that luggage to a porter until they confirm what cabin you are in.

keep an eye on your MANAGE MY BOOKING for your assignment

Archived