Debark at San Pedro... which hotel for LAX?

5326jan

We will be returning from our PC full transit to San Pedro, where we will pick up a car from Enterprise at the port. The following morning we fly out of LAX around 11AM. Any suggestions for 1) how to spend one afternoon/evening and 2) which hotel for LAX? Looking at something near airport to avoid crazy traffic. Any experience with Priceline? I looked at b4t and reviews were really old.

Thanks ahead for the help!:)

There is a Marriott right outside of LAX. I would stay there if you want to be very close to the airport.

Keith

Thanks, Keith! Looks like we could take our car back upon arrival and take the shuttle in the morning. Eliminates dealing with the morning rush at the rental car line! :)

The Marriott at LAX is nice, as is a number of other hotels on Century Blvd … there you'll find the Hilton, Westin, Sheraton, etc. They all offer the shuttle service to the airport so you should be fine.

What are you interested in for your afternoon/evening in LA? Have you been here before? There are a lot of options, depending on your likes/dislikes.

Denice

The Marriott at LAX is nice, as is a number of other hotels on Century Blvd … there you'll find the Hilton, Westin, Sheraton, etc. They all offer the shuttle service to the airport so you should be fine.

What are you interested in for your afternoon/evening in LA? Have you been here before? There are a lot of options, depending on your likes/dislikes.

Denice

Hi Denice, Thanks for replying! My Mother grew up in Long Beach in the 40's and I think I'd like to look around there, but I'm not sure it's the safest town anymore. What are your thoughts? My Grandfather managed The Ocean Center Building in an area that was called "The Pike", but they lived in an area called Lakewood. I'm not sure if the building is even still standing! Other than those specific places, I'm not sure. We were last in LA about 25 years ago and saw an earthquake museum, the Rose Bowl and a Grauman's Chinese Theater and a few other touristy sites. We drove up to see the Hollywood sign and drove down Rodeo Drive.

I would want to do something away from the congestion of LA. We have from 10ish until we go to the hotel, so driving out of town would not be a problem. If you have any suggestions, I've got plenty of time to research them. Thanks again!

Long Beach is "next door" to San Pedro, so that would be an easy and convenient place to explore. As in most cities, there are less desirable areas, but overall LB is safe. You can take the Vincent Thomas Bridge from San Pedro to Long Beach. Google the addresses you are looking for. Afterwards, since you've seen Hollywood, why not stay along the beaches. Driving north, go past LAX to perhaps Santa Monica, or Venice. Venice is a great people watching place. There are plenty of great restaurants in the Santa Monica area, so I'd eat dinner before heading back to LAX area and the car return.

Denice

Long Beach is "next door" to San Pedro, so that would be an easy and convenient place to explore. As in most cities, there are less desirable areas, but overall LB is safe. You can take the Vincent Thomas Bridge from San Pedro to Long Beach. Google the addresses you are looking for. Afterwards, since you've seen Hollywood, why not stay along the beaches. Driving north, go past LAX to perhaps Santa Monica, or Venice. Venice is a great people watching place. There are plenty of great restaurants in the Santa Monica area, so I'd eat dinner before heading back to LAX area and the car return.

Denice

That sounds like a great plan! How long would it take to get from Venice Beach to the Marriott neighborhood?

Archived