Charter flight Buenos Aires- Ushaia

ChantalK

In March 2012 the charter flight Buenos Aires to Ushuaia departed in the morning. On arrival in Ushuaia we were given a brief bus tour and lunch prior to boarding. The flight departed from the Buenos Aires domestic airport (Aeropark). We had no documentation for the flight till Silversea staff at the airport gave us boarding passes etc.

Disembarkation after the Antarctic cruies was about 9am. We stayed aboard the Silver Explorer for the Ushuaia-Valparaiso leg but I recall departing passengers climbing onto buses at 9am for more town tour, possibly "free" time in the town centre, and transport to the airport.

What happened last summer may not apply to next summer but I would not rely on having much time in Buenos Aires on the morning of the charter flight.

We enjoyed both cruises very much.

In December 2009 our experience was very similar to HDS.

We left BA *very* early in the morning - I think the plane was scheduled for ~7:30 AM so we left the hotel by 5 AM. All I remember is that it was QUITE dark, and we were pretty tired - one of our friends happened to be living in BA while we were there, and we were out until after 1AM...

The info regarding the charter flight *may* have been in our final documents; can't remember. Probably have it at home... If I remember, I'll look for it tonight.

Leaving Ushuaia, we disembarked around 9AM and then had some free time in town. No real organized activity. We then met up with a bus that took us to the airport, around 11AM. Not sure of the exact flight time but suspect ~1:30PM, arriving in BA ~5PM.

Your times may vary, as SS charters a LAN jet for the group. However, the Silver Explorer does have to leave Ushuaia at a reasonable time on that first evening, so doubt you'll be arriving at USH too late - and therefore, expect an early departure from BA.

Have a great time!

Archived