First cruise questions

Hello everybody,

I will be going on my first cruise on June 26th . It will be on Carnival Valor in the Western Carribean. I've read lots of critics (good and bad) for this ship on this board and I thank you very much. I've seen pictures too. I have a few questions I would like to ask:

1- What happens if there's bad weather at the different ports? Is it another "fun day at sea" or does the ship bring you to another place instead?

2- What are the best beaches in Belize, Roatan Island,Cozumel and Grand Cayman? I'm not an excursion kinda persion, I just want to be a beach bum :) .

3- Are non alcoholic drinks included ( water bottles, sodas,coffee, juice...) or do we have to pay for them also.

thanks

If the weather is bad, you will likely just have a day at sea, especially if it is last minute.

You may want to check the ports of call boards for each of your destinations and read up on the various beaches. In Cozumel, I recommend Paradise Beach, great place to be a beach bum... I stay on the ship in Belize and be a ship bum :D GC we have done the stingray bit, but won't do that again...

There are some juices that are free (OJ, apple, fruit punch, etc), tea and coffee... soft drinks, bottled water and the like are all extra. The water on the ship is really good though, so try that before buying bottled water...

Have a great cruise!!!

Hello everybody,

I will be going on my first cruise on June 26th . It will be on Carnival Valor in the Western Carribean. I've read lots of critics (good and bad) for this ship on this board and I thank you very much. I've seen pictures too. I have a few questions I would like to ask:

1- What happens if there's bad weather at the different ports? Is it another "fun day at sea" or does the ship bring you to another place instead?

2- What are the best beaches in Belize, Roatan Island,Cozumel and Grand Cayman? I'm not an excursion kinda persion, I just want to be a beach bum :) .

3- Are non alcoholic drinks included ( water bottles, sodas,coffee, juice...) or do we have to pay for them also.

thanks

I can help with a couple of your questions.

1) The weather has to be pretty bad for them to skip a port and substitue either another port or a sea day. Grand Cayman is notorious for being skipped. If the waves are too high to tender in, you will skip.

2) I liked the beach at Chananaab Park in Coz, but have also heard good things about Paradise Beach. Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman is also very popular.

3) You will have to pay for all alcoholic drinks, bottled water and sodas onboard the ship. Coffee is free unless you get it at a specialty shop.

We also enjoyed Chananaab Park, nice pics here:

http://www.timchampion.com/Chankanaab.html

Goff'S Caye, Belize

Goff's Caye, as it is known locally, is barely 100 yards across. This tiny sandbar of an island is perched atop the Great Barrier Reef and is scattered with several coconut trees. Unprecedented snorkeling and scuba opportunities abound.

This is the one tiny island we went to, just a 20 min. boat ride from the ship, The island looks like Gilligans Island and you can walk it in about 5 minutes lol..

here is a small picture:

goffscaye.jpg.8469b596038b30d59b0f8694329361e0.jpg

That is called the Fountain Fun Card. You can buy them at any bar at the beginning of the cruise. They cost so much per day (times the number of days in your cruise) plus 15%. You can get the exact price at Carnival.com in the FAQ section.

Archived