Miyako in NeW Orleans

karessamom

Has anyone eaten at the Miyako Japanese restraunt in New Orleans. It looks like only about a block from where we're staying at the Masion St. Charles. I pulled it up on a website and the food looks devine--however as we all know looks can be decieving. But it sure sounds good. any comments would be welcome. prices look comparable to a local frequented Japanese restraunt here in Ogden.

ok, any reccommendations to eat in New Orleans that would be close to our hotel (Maison St. charles--1319 st. charles ave.) or within walking distance.

As you can tell, we are very Unfamilar with the area. Never have been there.

Don't want to spend a lot of money (checked Emerills menu out and was too pricey). My husband i think would like creole food but i don't like anything too spicy (a little kick is ok--I have a problem sometimes with with the "Outback Steak house" being too spicy--lol) ) we like steaks, fish, japaneese food, pork, etc.--in other words we'll eat just about anything--husband does like spicy where i have to go easy. Thanks

ok, any reccommendations to eat in New Orleans that would be close to our hotel (Maison St. charles--1319 st. charles ave.) or within walking distance.

As you can tell, we are very Unfamilar with the area. Never have been there.

Don't want to spend a lot of money (checked Emerills menu out and was too pricey). My husband i think would like creole food but i don't like anything too spicy (a little kick is ok--I have a problem sometimes with with the "Outback Steak house" being too spicy--lol) ) we like steaks, fish, japaneese food, pork, etc.--in other words we'll eat just about anything--husband does like spicy where i have to go easy. Thanks

Can't find the edit mode--i might add to this that we are not the bar hopping party hearty type people either--(we don't drink)

I should have mentioned that Tom Fitzmorris (the food critic) has a bias against chain restaurants. He has nothing good to say about Houston's, for example, which I think is very good.The Miyaki in Metairie is very popular. If the one on St. Charles looks good to you, try it.

There is a Bravo in the 1700 block of St. Charles. An Italian chain, which I think is very good. In the 2000 block is a Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro. We have only been there once, but I liked that place too. Delmonico's is right across the street, but very expensive. It is one of Emeril's places.

There is a street car stop in front of the Maison St. Charles, so getting to the French Quarter or warehouse district is pretty easy, and there are lots of good places there.

Archived