Has Anyone Flown Into Melbourne for Pt Canaveral?

doitallWMB

We used the airport shuttle to our ship. Very easy, although I think we did have to wait about a half hour before it came back.....(It was a few years ago). We made arrangements for them to pick us up as well. It's about a 25-30 min ride, if I remember correctly....we came in the day before and rented a car there at the airport, then dropped it off there the next day and took the shuttle to the ship, so we were in no hurry.

Last year our friends had made arrangements with Carnival to pick them up there....which was good, because they flew in the day of the cruise, and their flight was late and they didn't get to the ship until 3:00.....I'm not sure if the shuttle driver was able to call the ship to tell them they were on the way or what, but I think it worked out for them because they had a Carnival shuttle, otherwise I'm not sure if they would have been able to board seeing the ship left at 4:00 and I believe you have to be there 90 min before the ship is scheduled to leave.

This was a great airport.....not crowded at all!!

I love Melbourne airport! It's small but so easy to navigate, TSA agents are actually very nice and baggage claim was the fastest I've ever experienced.

I've also stayed at the Hilton across the road and they were some of the nicest people I've met.

I choose Melbourne over Orlando even though it costs me an extra $40 for my ticket because it is so much easier, faster and less hassle. It's always an experience to interact with pleasant airport and TSA workers.

Archived