Taxi fare to Margarittaville??

waterbound

Can anyone tell me approx prices of taxi fare to Margarittaville from pier?

Thanks

Pride- 07/06/02

Jubilee- 02/22/03

Conquest- 10/19/03

4/15-- Holiday--Surprise cruise for my boyfriend!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;4;15;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

5/15-- M&M at Rawlings All American Grille

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;15;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

03/13/2005- Conquest with the kidscountdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;3;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

baby21.gifbeerchug.gif

• 4 weeks later...

It's a hop, skip and a jump from the pier. Don't Taxi, just walk, it's a few blocks from the pier.

Disney Wonder 12/19/04

Explorer of the Seas 11/22/03

Disney Wonder 11/24/02

Holiday countdown

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;12;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

It looks like the OP is taking the Conquest, which docs in Mo Bay and you need to take a taxi there as it is not just a few blocks away.

However, don't remember the taxi fare.

Sovereign of the Seas 06/00

Inspiration 06/02

Carnival Conquest 06/03

Carnival Conquest 05/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;5;30;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0600 Until the Conquest sails!!!!!

• 1 month later...

We just got back and there is no way you could walk to Margarittavile. It's @3 miles down some pretty scary roads. my husband, daughter and I walked out to the street and hired a driver to take us there. He wanted $15 but we talked him down to $10. Then he said he would like to really show us Montego Bay. He offered to take us @ the city for $40. We hired him and he spent the day with us. He took us to Rose Hall, drove us to see the beautiful Ritz Carlton and a hotel called half-moon. We stopped and bought mangos that were so sweet and juicy. At 2 he took us to Margarittavile and stayed there while we went and played on the water trampoline and ate lunch. We were so glad to have him hanging out there with us because when it was time to leave there were cab people all trying to get us into their cab. I was so glad to say no and that we already had a driver. Of course when he dropped us off at the end of the day we paid him $80. It was a great day and memory

If your ship docks at Ocho Rios, then you can just walk. It took us about 10 minutes to walk from the pier to Margarittaville (Island Village). Some locals asked us if "we needed anything" along the way, but we just smiled and said 'no thanks' and kept going. They didn't bother us at all. You will pass numerous cruise ship passengers walking to and from the ship to Island Village.

I wouldn't recommend walking any further than Island Village, however.

Thanks for replys... Unfortunately we are docking in Montego Bay and we'd have to take a taxi.. I was thinking last time it was something like $8 a person but I wish I could remember.. We are going to have 8 of us this time instead of 2 and just trying to do a little budgeting since we're gonna have so many more people this time..

Thanks again

From MoBay pier, we paid $4 per person (2 of us) to take a taxi there. On the way back, we met some other friends from the ship, and 6 of us shared a van taxi.... I think we paid even less then (but who remembers after all the margaritas???) Maybe $2 to $3 each?

HTH!

• 4 weeks later...

There are 6 of us also and we are going to be in Mo bay and want to go to margaritville. When you come off of the ship are the van taxis (or something that will hold 6 people) waiting there that will take you or do you have go out into the street(so to speak) to get one? thanks

There are 6 of us also and we are going to be in Mo bay and want to go to margaritville. When you come off of the ship are the van taxis (or something that will hold 6 people) waiting there that will take you or do you have go out into the street(so to speak) to get one? thanks
They will be there, but make sure they say JUTA on them. Those are the official taxis.

Archived