St. Martins or Saint Andrews?

Will be visiting Saint John's in mid October on a Princess Cruise. Having been to Saint John's several times, we would like to take a ship's tour that gets out of the immediate area. We have narrowed it down to either St. Martins or Saint Andrews.

Any opinions on which would be more interesting as to things to do in each town, and picturesque (regarding foliage) as to both the towns and the highways that will get us there. Since we will travel on a large bus, I'm not sure of the roads that it will take to arrive at either.

Also at mid October will there be much fall foliage, or are we too late or too early?

Hi nycruise

My apologies, I completely missed your post until I saw you responded to it. St Martins is a quaint fishing village with fishing boats and best place to experience the highest tides in the world (you can walk on sea floor). There are a couple restaurants on the beach famous for their fish chowder and a picturesque covered bridge. It is a 50 min drive

St Andrew's is a summer resort town with small shops. Kingsbrae garden is famous if you like flowers/gardens. It takes 70 minutes or so to drive there. If this is your first trip to the region, I would lean towards St Martins if it is low tide, or 1 hour before or after. Otherwise, it would be a toss up to which ever would interest you more.

Hopefully you will decide to take a tour. Enjoy your visit.

Note that for Saint Martins you can walk on the sea floor only at low tide. We were there recently at almost high tide. The beach is all kinds of pebbles and is very pretty. We continued in our rental car on to Fundy Trail and hiked a bit there. The drive out of Saint John is fun as it's up and down hills and windy roads.

St. Andrews has shops and places to eat. The road there is, as was stated already, highway.

You can rent a car from Avis which is close to the cruise pier.

Archived