3 Day Cruises

ajenali

They are known as booze cruises because it's a quick weekend get away, so it could potentionally be a lot of party animals, or not, but you just never know.

The 3 days out of Long Beach, CA have been notorious booze cruises.

Can anyone post 3-day menus from Long Beach? I think they still offer lobster but what about other nights?

As we live within 20 miles of both Port Everglades and The Port of Miami, we have taken many 3 day cruises over our 31 years of cruising.

I would tend to agree with most of the others though.

Unless you live within driving distance to the port, can get a great airfare, or can mix the cruise up with some other things while you are in town, it may be too expensive.

In regards to the booze cruise atmosphere, we have never witnessed the fall down, pass out, fight clubs, but as we have gotten older we avoid the disco / dance club and seem to be OK.

Last weekend cruise in January on the Miracle, there were a couple of 40 something sisters sitting at the table next to us who obviously had a good buzz going when they got to dinner and keep the booze flowing throughout. They managed to get out on their own. It added to to fun watching actually.

Yes, there is still "elegant night" and as a matter of fact you can find us somewhere on the bow in our gown and Tux dancing under the stars

DH never wanted to cruise, but I did. Friends won a 3-day so we tagged along. I figured if he hated it, at least I got to try it out! And he would only have to suffer for 3 days! We were on board for about 20 minutes when DH said he could do it again! Of course we were directed straight to the buffet! Our fourth cruise is set for Alaska next year! And never again a 3-day, it really is too short!

I would say a 3-day is a good way to try out cruising. You'll know quickly if you like it or not, but who could not?!!

Along with some other posts we are spoiled and live close to many ports in Florida. If i had to consider airfare i don't think i would do it.

With that said, a 3 day to me is a perfect weekend getaway. We get a nice long weekend and enjoy it all. We take Friday and Monday off work, get to port early and make the most of every second onboard. Bu I will say, it teases us terribly and we usually back it up with a longer version shortly afterwards.

Our first cruise was going to be a 3 day but we opted for a 4 day instead. It was a great first experience and we booked a 7 day for our second cruise. I'm looking at booking a transatlantic/Disneyland Paris trip within the next year. That being said, I would never discredit a 3 day cruise. Have a wonderful time, whatever you decide!

DH and I have done two 3 day, one 4 day, and two 5 day. All the rest have been 7 or 8 days. We started on a 3 day and, yes, it was a party cruise, but we LOVED it. When Carnival still had the "top optional" funnel deck, DH really liked the shorter cruises. It seemed that deck saw a lot more action on the "party" cruises than on the longer ones.

I actually prefer four-night cruises to longer ones. Packing is so much easier and I get tired of eating after about the third day. Anticipation is a lot of the fun for me, so I would rather have two four-night cruises to plan for and look forward to than one eight-night. I live less than two hours from Fort Lauderdale and Miami, and less than three from Tampa; if I had to fly it would be a different story.

Archived